Chapter 9: Amazed

I felt like a Queen in his presence. He smiled at me like I meant the world to him. I could be like this with him forever. Yet, that's how Liam once looked at me. He looked at me with pride and joy.

Now he looks at me like I'm the child he never wanted to have.

"Are you seriously not into Chinese food? I thought everyone on planet earth loved Chinese food." He laughed. His laugh made me feel whole.

"I've eaten Jamaican food majority of my life. I have no clue as to what consists of Chinese food." I told him. He simply smiled at me. I couldn't help but drop my head down into my plate of chicken and macaroni.

Liam would force me to order a salad because he thinks it's important to 'watch my figure'. Honestly I could give a rat's ass about a figure right now. I'm having too much fun with Khi. 

"We must go to a Chinese restaurant one day." He smirked.

"Yea. Must." I looked up and smiled. He was looking over my shoulder and his eyes grew huge. I was prepared to get yanked out my seat in front of everyone by Liam.

"Don't look right now but Tess just walked in and she's not alone." He smirked. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He just doesn't know how grateful I am to see Tess and not Liam.

"Is he cute?" The question came out before thinking.

"I like women." He said with a serious face causing me to laugh. I was talking to him like he was a chick. Of course he won't admit if the man is cute or not so I must see for myself.

I turned around slightly and saw Tess in this nice red jumpsuit that did her figure some great justice. She wore her thigh high Givenchy boots. I would know since I have a huge collection of Givenchy shoes. I wonder how she's able to afford those.

The man she was with looked very sophisticated. He appeared to be some type of Wall Street business man of some sort. I see how she was able to get Givenchy boots. Tess only talk to ballers.

"Her boots are gorgeous." I turned back to Khi who was already staring at me.

"Yea I got them for her for her birthday last year." He said as he looked at her boots. Well I guess I was partially right. Tess only talk to ballers who's her friend.

"Givenchy is a nice touch. Great way to say happy birthday." I sipped my water with lemons and was satisfied by the bitter taste.

"I see you only love the expensive things in life." He said. I was unaware of what he was talking about.

"Your clothes, house, car, and that huge ring." He smirked. I looked down at my wedding ring and was reminded of the horrible man I married.

"So let's talk about your ex wife." I tried changing the subject but he only tensed up. "What's her name?"

"Her name was Jessica Lively." He said.

"Was?" I asked with confusion obviously in my face. I hope I didn't just bring up memories of a dead lady.

"Yea, was. Now it's Jessica Manning. She ran off and married one of those famous Mannings." He shrugged it off and sipped his water. I knew he was still hurt because his voice cracked slightly.

"You didn't want me to see her." I said referring to the black book.

"That book holds very private pictures of her and I." He confessed. Surely I didn't want to see Jessica's nudes. I only wanted to see what the woman looks like.

"Is she black like me?" I asked. He laughed a little and tilted his head.

"Actually you're the first black girl I've been with like this and I must say you give black girls a good name and look. Tess and her girls hang around me but they are all just like Tess. I can't handle Tess times three." He smirked. I didn't know whether to call him racist or say thank you.