05

"It's exactly what it sounds like heroes. Eraser Head and I shall pick four people to rescue citizens in need. You each have fifteen minutes to save as many people as possible—"

"Or what?" Ochaco brought her hands up to her chest.

"They'll die." Thirteen responds. Ochaco gasps quietly and nods.

"The one who rescues the most people, gets to pick the next four!" Thirteen says. Katsuki mutters under his breath, "What kind of prize is that?"

I elbow his arm and shush him. He growls and rolls his eyes.

"We will give you an earpiece so you'll be able to speak with us if anything. So first up is," Thirteen looks at the clipboard, "Kirishima, Midoriya, Ashido, and Bakugou!"

"Time to beat these morons." Katsuki grins and cracks his knuckles.

I scoff, "This isn't a competition, you're rescuing people."

"Everything is a competition sweetheart." He pats my head and walks up to the gate that had a fake, destroyed city behind it. I could hear people screaming for help from where I was standing. I know they were actors, but this brought back too many dark memories.

"Ready? Go!"

I watch the screen that showed Katsuki. He was running past the rubble, his head moving left and right trying to find people to save. I smile to myself seeing him like this. In reality he couldn't give two shits about people, but right now he looked like a true hero.

"Help us!" An old lady calls from under the rock that was crushing her legs. Katsuki ran towards her side and used an explosion to break the rock, but it didn't work.

"Bakugou! It's to risky to use your explosions! Try to find another way!" Thirteen says through the microphone. Katsuki clenched his teeth and tried lifting up the rock.

"Please hurry!" The old lady whines.

"CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M TRYING LADY?"

"Oh boy." I rest my head on my hand.

"Kacchan! I'll help you!" Izuku came from behind a building. He had a child over his shoulder. Katsuki glared at him and growled.

"GET OUTTA HERE NERD! I DON'T NEED YOUR STUPID HELP!"

"But you're struggling!"

"Please help me!"

"OI SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Izuku furrowed his eyebrows and put down the child. He quickly ran over to Katsuki's side and punched the rock. The old lady covered her head, then smiled brightly at Izuku.

"Oh thank you so much young man!"

"You're okay now." Izuku helps her up. He was about to grab the child but Katsuki grabbed his collar.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT DEKU?!"

"Well this isn't good." Kaminari mumbles. I ignored his comment and stared at the screen with a determined face.

"I was just trying to help—"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR DAMN HELP! YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT OUT THERE!"

"Kacchan calm down!"

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STOP FOLLOWING ME!?" He raised his fist

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STOP FOLLOWING ME!?" He raised his fist. My eyes widen and my feet ran towards Thirteen, who held the microphone. I grabbed it from his hands and screamed.

"KATSUKI STOP!"

Katsuki tenses up from my voice. He then slowly puts his fist down and releases Izuku. Thirteen takes the mic from me.

"That is the end for you four."

-

"Congratulations to Kirishima for saving the most people!" Thirteen pats his back. My focus was on Katsuki who was trembling with rage. His hair covered his eyes and his bottom lip shook.

"(L/N) you're up." Thirteen says to me. I jerk my head and quickly nodded. I glance back at Katsuki, then enter the city.

"Ready everyone? Go!"

Todoroki, Momo, Sero and I ran in different directions. I went the same way that Katsuki went.

"Help!"

I turn around and saw two children surrounded by a fire. They held on to each other as the fire got closer to them. I ran in their direction and used a water spiral to put out the fire. The two boys still held onto each other in fear. I kneel down to their side.

"Don't worry, you're alright now." I smile.

"Above you!" One of the boys point up. I turn around and saw a giant bolder coming my way. I gasp and turned my arm into rock so I would be able to punch it.

The kids screamed as it came closer and closer. Before I knew it, I was being carried away with the two kids. The bolder hit the spot where I was just standing. I look up at Sero, who had used his tape to carry us away.

"Wow thanks Sero!" He removes the tape from us.

"Times up!" Thirteen calls. I look up at the timer and saw that our time was up.

"But—"

"It's alright (Y/N). It's just training." Sero pats my back. I sigh and nod, "Yeah."

We walked back towards everyone and sat down. Now that I think about it, where did that giant bolder come from? There was no way that someone could've threw that; specifically at me.

"Hey idiot." Katsuki sat next to me. I remove my hand from my chin and look up at him.

"Good job." He mumbles while blushing.

"Thanks." I smile, then frown. Katsuki furrows his eyebrows, "What's wrong?"

"It's just that, that bolder. How was it randomly flying through the air, aimed at me?" I look down at my hands. Katsuki's eyes trailed towards the video screen.

"How should I know, all that matters is that you're alright." He says. My mouth hung open from his words. I blush and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I guess so."