Pushing Forward

Elsa's P.O.V.
I dashed upstairs feeling surprised and worried. I felt ice climbing my fingertips and expanding into the walls. "Elsa, wait!" I heard Anna cry to me. That only made me feel worse about myself. I hurried upstairs, picking up the speed as I went along, as an icy tear ran down my cheek. I wiped it but didn't hesitate to go back. Not even look back. Not long after, I heard sobbing.
I locked myself up in my room and huddled into a ball. I stifled a cry by biting my tongue. I cried for what seemed like eternity until I could cry no longer. But despite the tears and sad cries being heard from downstairs, all I could think of was: Why me?

❄❄❄

The next morning I woke up with a strong feeling of pride and assurance. I had been afraid but that fear didn't shut me down, it woke me up. Now I was going to stand my own ground.
I walked to my closet and grabbed the nicest clothes I could find. I fixed my hair in a bun and looked in the mirror. I saw it was too classy for this occasion so I let it go and fixed it by doing a French braid.

As I was about to walk into the outside world, I spotted a note on my counter. I walked to the counter and lightly grabbed the note, making frost form on the paper. I opened it up and read:
Meet me at the dock at 12:00. See you soon.

❄❄❄

I held my head up high. I felt no shame or shyness to see Hans with his brother. Why should I be? My hair waved confidently. All that went through my head was: Try me.