To the Core

Elsa's P.O.V.

I got up with a start. The nightmare didn't seem to bother me anymore. I fixed my hair into its normal French braid. I applied a dash of blush and eyeliner. Just as I was going to leave, my window opened and revealed a man. The same man in the nightmare. Hans.

I backed up a little but then remembered that he wasn't the same person.

"Queen Elsa," he said, offering me his hand. I took it and allowed him to sit me on the bed again.

"Hans," I replied, smiling. Then it struck me. "What are you doing here? You could get caught."

"I couldn't stay away from you. You are my magnet." I felt flattered. My face felt a little hot from blushing. He was getting all romantic.

"Hans," I said and giggled.

"Oh? Did I just hear a giggle? Did the Queen of Arendelle just giggle?" he asked, surprised. That made me laugh more.

"Oh Hans," I said between giggles. He looked at me with those adoring eyes that I had longed to see for the longest time.

"Yes?" he asked politely. He was very kind. I smiled at his silliness then started giggling again. "What's so funny?" he asked, looking around. This was really unlike me. I guess he just loosened me up.

"You are," I said, still smiling. He gave me an astonished look.

"I am?" he asked. I nodded, still smiling. "Well. Might I ask, is Queen Elsa of Arendelle ticklish?" My smile instantly faded and formed into a little bit of a frown.

"Hans," I warned him, getting up from the bed, "don't you even think about it."

"Come here you!" He charged for me and I had no other choice but to run to the other side of the bed.

"No, Hans!" I said, trying to suppress more giggles. I made my way around the bed, but was cornered and I couldn't escape.

"Now I've got you," I heard him say under his breath. Something about that suggested that he really hasn't changed from the man he was before. Instinctively, I would have called a guard or froze him. But this was just a game.

He grabbed my wrists, almost to the point where it hurt, and gently placed me on the bed. Seeing him tower over me scared me a little. I set my hands above my stomach to protect it from Hans. He raised his hands and slowly brought them close to me. "Hans, don't do this," I warned him, still smiling. He slowly placed his hands on the unprotected part of my stomach and started running his fingers down my waist, making me laugh. "Hans, stop it!" I said between giggles. He only did it harder. I laughed even harder every time. I tried pulling his hands away but failed every time.

"Queen Elsa? Is everything alright in there?" I heard a voice say. It wasn't Anna's or Phoenix's.

"Oh, umm . . . y-yes!" I said, stuttering on my words while pulling myself up. I felt that I was in an awkward position at the time so I decided to get things moving again. "I have to go now," I said to Hans quickly once I felt the footsteps leave from ear shot.

"Where are you going?" he asked. I really didn't have to go anywhere. I finished all of my paper work on my days of depression. I was a very bad liar but I tried at least.

"To . . . to do . . . work," I tried to cover up with a sheepish smile. He raised his eyebrows and I sighed. He lightly touched my chin and leveled my head so that I was looking at him, like he had done before on the ship ride to the Southern Isles.

"I don't think I've introduced myself correctly," he said. Of course he did. He was Prince Hans of the Southern Isles. I'm pretty sure he told me that when he asked for my blessing for his and Anna's marriage.

"Of course you have," I replied, puzzled.

He shook his head a little and smiled. He bowed and said, "Prince Hans of the Southern Isles. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle. It's nice to meet you too."