Deep Depression Syndrome

Phoenix's P.O.V.

"Elsa, are you okay?" She just kept walking. She was almost like a zombie. Her skin was pale and she was walking in the direction opposite from the dining room. She looked like something was in her mind. When out of nowhere, she fell. "ELSA!" I screamed and ran to her.

"What happened!?" Anna asked as she ran to us. As soon as she saw Elsa on the ground, she gasped. "Elsa! Elsa, talk to me!"

I placed my head on her chest and felt her breathing. A little less noticeable than usual, but still breathing. I sighed, relieved then looked at Anna. "She's just fainted. But we need to call the doctor in case it's something severe," I explained.

"I'm on it," she said quickly and scurried off to find help. I stayed on the ground next to her and ran my fingers through her hair like I did the night before.

"You're going to be fine. I promise," I whispered to her.

I remembered the talk we had had last night. From what she had told me, all evidence suggested that she was suffering from depression. That was not something you wanted to suffer from.

"The doctor is on his way," Anna said to me, kneeling down next to Elsa, opposite from me. "Is she okay?" she asked, worried.

"She'll be fine," I answered. We stayed there, just looking at her. Until the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Anna volunteered and darted to the door. Moments later, she arrived with a man. He was a little stubby and looked as if he was in his 50s. "Here she is," Anna said, gesturing to Elsa. He knelt down and examined her.

"Hmm . . . yes . . ." he thought out loud. "Would you mind elevating her so that I could take a closer look?" he asked.

"No, sir. Not at all," I replied quickly. I gently picked her up, being careful not to drop her, and led Anna and doctor Connor to her bedroom. She seemed much lighter than usual, but it was probably because she hadn't eaten or slept. I gently placed her on the bed and stepped aside so that the doctor would be able to examine her closer.

"Hmm . . . mhmm . . . yes . . ."

"What do you think it is doctor?" Anna asked.

"I'm not quite sure yet. Has anything unusual happened in the past couple of days. Things that she normally wouldn't have done?"

"Oh, yes! Yesterday I had asked if she wanted to do something with me. But she said that she wasn't up to it or something like that," Anna said. "She also hasn't been sleeping for the longest time." Connor took mental notes and continued listening.

"Last night, I realized that she couldn't sleep. Her powers were getting out of control," I added. "And this morning, not too long ago, she hadn't eaten." I didn't know how to phrase the next sentence in a way that wouldn't frighten Anna. So I just took a chance. "Do you think that she could be suffering from depression?"

Without looking at me, Connor answered, "By the looks of it, yes. She seems to be suffering from depression. If the information you're giving me is true, she is suffering from depression." My suspicions were proven correct.

"But why would she faint?" Anna asked.

"Dehydration, fatigue, insomnia. Anything could have deactivated her. Most likely dehydration," doctor Connor explained.

"Do we need to give her anything special when she wakes up?" I asked.

"Water. She needs to be hydrated so that this won't happen again," he explained.

"Does she need antidepressants?" I asked again. I needed to be sure she was going to be okay.

"No. She'll be fine. Just bring her out more and don't put too much stress on her. That should cure it."

"Thank you, doctor," I said, walking with him to the gate.

"If she worsens, feel free to contact me any time."

"Of course. Thank you so much for your help."

"Anything for the queen." He bowed and left. I closed the gate behind me and went to Elsa's room to check on her.

"It's she getting any better?" I asked Anna.

She nodded and said, "She's regaining her color a little." I was relieved. It was a good thing that it was only dehydration and that it was nothing severe. "Why did you think that she was suffering from depression?" Anna asked me, inquisitive. I really didn't want to answer. She knew about Hans and if I told her, she would become furious. Not at me, but at Elsa.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to bother Elsa about it. We can't put stress on her or remind her of him."

"Wait, him?" I nodded. It took her a moment until she finally realized who I was talking about. When she did, her facial expression changed completely.

"Oh. My. God."