Realization

Elsa's P.O.V.

As I slowly came back to consciousness, I felt my senses coming back. I gently lifted myself and observed my surroundings. I realized that I was back in my roomand everything was tidy. Next to me on my nightstand was a glass of water. I didn't remember putting it there, but it was probably for me. I was still in the dress I had worn . . . earlier. What time was it? What day was it? I took the glass of water and got out of my bed. I slowly walked to the window while sipping the water. By the looks of it, it was around five in the afternoon.

The sky was a glorious blue color with dashes of feathery, white clouds. Below, everyone was peaceful with each other. I had never noticed the balance my people had. Almost like the harmony in the Southern Isles.

The Southern Isles. Hans. Ugh! Elsa, stop thinking about him! You just fainted a few hours ago because of him. Yes, you'll go visit him. Yes, he'll come back for you. He can't stay there forever. Just let it go!

But I couldn't. As hard as I had tried to stop thinking about him, his eyes kept bringing me back.

I turned away from the mirror and set the glass of water on my nightstand. I heels clicked on the floorboards as I began pacing in front of my bed.

Okay, let's start from the basics. I love Hans. I went to the Southern Isles with Hans, which was when I found out I loved him. He loves me back. Henry sent me back to Arendelle without Hans. I started missing him from then on. Something was missing in my life after that day.

Now the facts. I couldn't think straight, all of my thoughts came back to him. I couldn't sleep yet I was overcome with lethargy and languish. Today, I think, I fainted. Why? Because I missed him.

Could that possibly mean? No. Well, if I didn't have it, all of these wouldn't have happened. Geez, do I really love him that much? So much that I'm suffering from depression?

"Elsa? Are you okay in there?" I heard Anna's voice through the door.

"Yes. I'm fine," I replied.

"Can I come in?" she asked. She must have heard me walking. I looked around to examine if anything was out of place, then looked back at the door.

"Yes." She slowly turned the doorknob, opened the door, and stepped in. I would never have expected to see Anna enter my room. During the times that I was awake, I don't remember seeing her coming into my room. Then again, I was knocked out cold, and someone had to bring me up here.

"Are you feeling better?" she asked. Sometimes I felt like I had two mothers, which could get annoying.

"Yes," I replied. I wasn't lying. Somehow, being around Anna enlightened my mood.

"Good. Would you mind if we talked about the whole Hans incident?" I was shocked by the question. But somehow my mind didn't travel back to Hans and his gorgeous, green eyes. It stayed in the real world. I gathered my thoughts together.

"No, not at all." She moved toward the bed and sat down, almost as if she needed support. I thought she was pregnant for a second, but the thought instantly flew out of my mind. They hadn't even gotten married yet. "How did you hear about the incident?" I asked.

"Phoenix told me." That Phoenix. Telling everyone secrets. No, she's not that bad. Maybe Anna asked. But I knew Phoenix and I knew that she wouldn't share something with someone that someone else wouldn't like.

"Oh."

"Didn't you say a while back that you hated him and that you really didn't want to be seen with him?" I did. But things changed. Sure, he might've tried to kill me, but I know that people change. I am a witness of that. But I decided to keep quiet. "What made you get into him? He's a monster. A greedy murderer that would do anything, and I mean anything to take your throne."

"No he isn't, Anna. I know he isn't. He's changed," I retaliated. She was getting me mad.

"The only reason he treated you nicely on the ride to the Southern Isles was so that he could find your weak point. He knows when to attack and how to attack now. All he's saying to you is a lie. He is just fooling you. I know, trust me." But was he really fooling me? He had been so sweet to me and understanding. But what if Anna is right? What if he had just set this up so that I could fall into his trap once more? Who to trust? The enemy or the sister?

"Anna, you're wrong. I know he loves me. I know he cares." It's crazy how wrong someone can be about a person. Then I remembered the sincerity in those emerald eyes. The warm feeling they brought me every time I looked into them.

"Elsa, he's a monster! He cannot be trusted. I bet his brother said it himself." Yes, his brother said it. But who would trust him?

"No, he's not!" I made a slashing motion with my hands and sharp icicles were fired in all directions. I felt anger building up inside of me and I just had to let it all out. I felt like I was, once more, becoming a monster. I remembered Hans, the way I had before, and sadness overwhelmed me. I fell into depression and Anna was only going to make it worse.

"Elsa, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Please leave. I just need some time alone right now," I said, looking away from her. From behind me, I felt her quietly get up and leave my room. What was going on with me? He's okay. He promised. Everything will be fine.
Are you sure you'll be safe?
I'm going to be fine. Okay?
Okay.