The Nightmare

Elsa's P.O.V.
I ran, trying to flee from the blizzard, from the monster I had become. I just kept looking for the castle, or Anna, or both. I just needed refuge from this disaster. All of a sudden, I saw a shadowy figure coming toward me. I moved a little closer to get a better look when I realized that this was the man that had wanted to marry Anna. I gasped and tried to back away, but by then it was too late.
"Queen Elsa! You can't run from this!" he tried yelling over the storm.
"Just take care of my sister!" I replied, tears welling up in my eyes.
"Your sister? She returned from the mountain weak and cold. She said that you froze her heart," he explained. I couldn't bear hearing this. I wanted to think that he was lying, that this was just a cruel joke. "I tried to save her but it was too late. Her skin was ice, her hair turned white." I looked around, searching for hope. "Your sister is dead! Because of you!" I felt my eyes widen with the news. Sadness overcame me and I stumbled back trying to take in the fact that my sister was gone.
"No," I whispered to myself. I wanted to refuse thinking that Anna, the only family I had left was gone. But there was only option. I felt my legs become numb and I collapsed on the ice. I buried my head in my hands and mourned for the loss of my sister, unprotected. When all of a sudden, I feel the aura change to a warmer, more playful one. But somehow, it felt different.
"NO!"

"ANNA!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I shot up from bed immediately and checked my surroundings. My room had frozen completely and was possibly freezing outside. I put my hands to my face and felt it soaked with tears. I felt my heart pound heavily in my chest.

"Elsa! What's wrong?!" I heard Anna yell from outside. I didn't want to scare her, so I tried to act as calm as possible.

"Anna, don't worry. I'm okay," I tried to reassure her.

"You froze the door from the outside! I can't come in!" I heard her say. It was a little muffled, but still understandable. I slowly got up out of bed and wiped my eyes. I suddenly got a throbbing pain in my head and I fell on the bed once again. As soon as it went away, I got up and slowly walked to the door. I had frozen the handle, so I thawed it and quickly opened the door. Anna scurried in and plopped herself on my bed. I closed the door and did the same. "What's wrong?" she asked, concerned.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I replied with a shaky voice. I tried disguising the fact that I really wasn't, but she was cracking me.

"You froze everything," she said, gesturing to my room. "Something's wrong."

I sighed. "I had a nightmare . . . about you." She instantly knew what I was talking about and placed my head on her chest.

"See? It's still beating. I'm here."