Saving the Sister

Anna's P.O.V.
I heard the gate creak open and I decided to see what was going on. I saw Elsa walk out, but why? Her hands clutched onto her chest and she was much paler than usual. Her breath was heavy and slow and would exhale frost whenever she did exhale. Something wasn't right. I ran out behind her.
"Elsa! Elsa, are you okay?" I asked. My eyes wandered around to examine. As soon as I started, I saw something wasn't right. Elsa would never shiver. That was when I caught sight of her gloves.

"Y-yeah," she responded. But I wasn't buying it. I was curious as to why she would hide her hands. The moment of chaos and discord was over and she was accepted by everyone. So why? Suddenly the answer was clear. Prince Hans. But I still wanted to see what she was hiding. I began taking off one of her gloves when her other hand stopped it from doing so. "Anna . . ." Elsa started. I looked up at her and slightly nodded. I placed the hand that had previously stopped me by her side and took off her glove from the other hand. What was under the glove scared me entirely.

Her hand was as white as snow and a blue lining was forming at her fingertips. What had happened to me was happening to her. Only this time it was different. Sure it was freezing her. But unlike me, she was freezing from the inside. She was killing herself. And I needed to stop it.

I gently touched her hand and jumped. It was colder than the usual. She had to let go of her powers, but the gloves had stopped her from doing so. Now it was too late. The ice that wanted to be let out was now consuming her. "Elsa. You're hand is freezing," I said to her, scared. I didn't want to lose my sister again.

"Anna, I'm f-fine," she said weakly. But I knew she wasn't. And by the looks of it, so did she.

"Elsa, you need help," I said, pulling her up from the bench. I let go of her and ran off inside to look for Phoenix. At the entrance of the gate, I looked back and saw that Elsa had sat down. With that, I ran faster to get help. But I would take a little trip to Hans first.

I knocked on his door three times and waited for an answer. But nothing happened. As soon as I opened the door, he stood up. "Elsa?" he asked.

"No," I replied. "Anna."

"How is she?" he asked. Fury kept building up within me and I just wanted to take it out on him. Like he didn't know.

"Why does it matter to you? I mean, you just did try to kill her, right?" In return he gasped and looked out the window. "Why did you do this?" I asked with a threatening tone of voice. "No. The question is, what did you do?" This time I was more curious than accusing.

"I told her that I was in love with her."

I was caught off guard. The words that had just come out of his mouth stupefied me and left me speechless. I couldn't say anything so I just left the room. Outside, I took a deep breath and went looking for Phoenix.

"Phoenix! We need your help!" I called out. Her head popped out from her room.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Elsa needs help." She rushed downstairs and stopped at my side. I hurried to the gate as she followed close behind.

"What happened?" she asked, worried. She saw Elsa trembling and didn't know what to do. I pointed to Elsa's uncovered hand and Phoenix gasped.

"Can you help her?" I asked her rather frantic. But she didn't answer. She took off Elsa's glove and set it next to her, then wrapped Elsa's hands in her own. I was more scared for her than ever before. Elsa hated the heat. And on top of that, her sister was causing it. But heat on top of ice? That would leave a scar.

Before the process began, Phoenix looked up at Elsa. I couldn't bear to watch it. I last saw the orangish color on Phoenix's hands before I heard a scream. Not really a scream, but a yelp.

"Elsa, it's for your own safety," I managed to say. But that was it. My lips were sealed tight and my muscles tightened. Phoenix took Elsa's hands once more and commenced the process again. Elsa did wince in pain but stayed calm. After a few seconds, she exhaled heavily, releasing all of the anguish and stress that had built a home in her soul. And for the first time in what seemed like forever, she smiled.