The Rescue

Elsa's P.O.V.

We arrived at Anna's cage. She was huddled in a corner, hiding her face. "Release her," I commanded the guard that was standing by the door. From the corner of my eye, I saw Anna's head raise, smiling between her tears. She was possibly worried that they had tortured me already and killed me. That warm smile made me want to smile, but I stayed firm. I had to be firm.

"I'm sorry, your majesty, but I cannot fulfill your request." At least this guard was kinder than the other two. Probably because she was less of a threat. I raised my hand and ice was shot to his side. That was just supposed to be a warning shot. It was supposed to miss.

"I said, release her," I repeated, making every word clear.

"Yes, your majesty," he said and bowed. I could tell that fear was taking over him. He swiftly moved to Anna's cage door and unlocked it. She stood up and darted to me. When she reached me, she pulled me into an embrace.

"Elsa, I've missed you so much. You had me so worried!" she said. "Are you okay?"

"Anna, I'm fine," I said, giggling. She pulled away and saw Hans standing next to me. Her expression changed completely.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him, getting angrier by the second.

"Anna, calm down. He's not bad anymore," I explained calmly.

She crossed her arms and asked me, "How do you know?"

"He got me out of my prison cell. Even though I took away everything he had." The last sentence came out as a mere whisper and was barely audible. But Anna caught the first part. The most important part. Her eyes widened with shock.

"You . . . you did?" she asked, turning to Hans. In return, he nodded. "But why? I didn't think you had changed."

"I did it because I love her."

❄❄❄

We walked to the stables to get Snow. How I missed him. Hans had explained to Anna everything that had happened while I was gone. He said that they were probably keeping Snow in there.

He opened the wooden door and walked in. Seconds later, he brought out Snow. He was perfectly fine. Surprisingly, in better condition than I was. "Snow!" I cried and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his snout. "I missed you so much!" He neighed, delighted, and I smiled.

"You're really good with horses," Anna remarked. Hans smiled as he brought out his horse.

"I've been trained to take care of them. So if I need any help in battle, I always have these guys," he said, brushing his hand through the horse's mane. Anna seemed pleased by his stories. She seems to have known that particular horse.

"What is his name?" I asked, moving away from Snow.

"Sitron," he stated simply. I could see why he named him that. He bared a yellowish color and his mane was white.

"I remember bumping into him on my sister's coronation," Anna said and crossed her arms defensively. I giggled and climbed onto Snow. She tried keeping a straight face but couldn't. "You know I would never be mad at you forever. You're too cute," she said, rubbing his snout. I smiled then looked back at Hans. He had another horse. "Why did you bring another horse?" Anna asked, paying more attention to Hans now than to Sitron.

"You do want to get home, right?" Her eyes widened and she squealed with joy.

"What's her name?" she asked, bouncing in front of Hans.

"Woah, Anna, calm down," he said, chuckling.

"Sorry . . ." she said awkwardly and looked down. I giggled.

"Her name is Blossom," he stated. Anna looked at her, amazed.

"She's beautiful," Anna said. It was true. Blossom bared a soft brown color and her mane was white with hints of brown. Her eyes were a light blue color, just like Anna's.

"She's yours now," he said. Was he serious? He was giving away one of his companions. What if he had bonded with her? He was so kind.

"You're kidding," she said slowly, turning to face him. He smiled and shook his head. Wow. The person who had tried to kill my sister was now treating her like they had been friends for the longest time.

"She's all yours."

Anna squealed happily and mounted on Blossom. She pet her mane gently and beamed. Hans walked to his horse and hoisted himself up.

"Thank you so much. For everything," I said as he came in closer to me.

"No. I think I should be the one thanking you. You taught me what love is. You showed me what was right and wrong. And for that, I am greatful." I looked into his deep green eyes. They plunged me into a fantasy world. I felt as if I could fly. Far away from my worries and doubts. Just be safe with him. "Queen Elsa, it has been my honor to serve you. I will love you forevermore, no matter what happens. Just know that this journey has been one heck of a ride," he said, poking some fun into his mini speech. I giggled, but I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. "Elsa, I know you deserve better than this. I'm sorry for all of the losses you have had and pain you had to suffer. I apologize for everything I have done that has caused you grief and distress." Every memory was fresh in my mind. When he wanted to marry Anna. When he attacked me at my castle. When he locked me up in prison. Everything was there. "I would like for us to start anew. Forget about everything that has happened in the past." But just leave the happy moments, I thought. He took my hand and gave it a tight squeeze. He smiled at me. I ignored the salty, icy tears running down my cheeks and smiled back. "Allow me to introduce myself, your majesty. I am Prince Hans of the Southern Isles. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle. It's nice to meet you too."

--------

That is the end of this book. :'( Technically. :) There will be an epilogue. If you want to be kept in suspense, don't read it. You can decide what happens next. If you do, the next chapter awaits.

Other than that, I just wanted to say thank you guys for reading. I hadn't noticed it until earlier so I'm just going to say it now. Thanks for the 2.2k reads! It means a lot to me.

Shout outs will be at the very end. After the epilogue.

I might, just maybe, make another Helsa book. I don't want the fandom to die within me. So, to keep it burning, I'm probably going to start another Helsa fanfiction. Check back on my books and profile page to see if I've posted it. Thanks guys!

Also, don't forget to read my other books and spread the word. It would mean a lot to me.

Thank you for reading and enjoy the next and final chapter . . .