Freezing Point

Elsa's P.O.V.

I stumbled back but caught my fall holding on to the table behind me. Ice climbed my fingers and I felt my soul freezing. But of course, I didn't care. I wildly looked around and saw that ice had already started climbing the walls and spikes were forming along the lining of the ceiling. My eyes wandered back to Hans, whose eyes were full of worry. My fingers moved along the table in search for gloves, when finally I felt something soft. I immediately grabbed it and shoved it on. Not long after, I felt another glove and shoved it on my other hand. "Queen Elsa . . ." I heard Hans say. My eyes darted back to him and ever so slightly shook my head. He reached his arm out to me, but in return I flinched. After the moment passed, I looked at him deep into his eyes. They were amazingly hypnotic and I couldn't look away. But somehow my eyes peeled away and I found my hands fidgeting with the door's handle until it finally opened. I dashed out and ran outside to breath some fresh air.

I found a bench outside and took a seat. My breath was heavy and I saw the frost with every breath I took. My head fell into my hands and brushed off. I was definitely scared. Suddenly I heard the gate open and slam shut right after. "Elsa! Elsa, are you okay?" I heard Anna say. My head whipped around and sure enough, Anna it was. She looked at my hands with a worried look on her face. That was when I noticed I was trembling.

"Y-yeah." I couldn't speak. Possibly couldn't even breath. She placed one of her hands on my glove and started taking it off. My hands felt the change in environment and automatically the other hand placed itself on Anna's. "Anna . . ." I started. But she continued and finally managed to take off the glove. She touched my hand and instantly flinched. She held her hand to get chest and gasped.

"Elsa. You're hand is freezing," she said, looking at it with a scared expression on her face.

"Anna, I'm f-fine." But she knew I wasn't. And so did I.

"Elsa, you need help," she said, pulling me up from the bench. She let go of me and ran inside. I could barely hold myself up by myself. I collapsed on the bench again and waited for Anna to come back.

Moments later, she arrived with my older sister, Phoenix. "What happened?" Phoenix asked. Anna motioned to my hand and Phoenix, too, gasped.

"Can you help her?" Anna asked with a slight hint of desperation in her voice. But Phoenix didn't reply. Instead, she took off my glove and placed it next to me. She took my hands and put them on hers. She looked up at me, slightly worried. Not long after, her hands started taking on an orangish color.

The heat overwhelmed me. I felt a piercing pain shoot through my nerves and numb my whole body. "Ow!" I screeched and jerked my hands from Phoenix's.

"Elsa, it's for your own safety," Anna explained. She took my hands and enveloped them once more in Phoenix's hands. I winced in pain but kept them there. After a little, the warmth felt better and the shivering stopped. My muscles relaxed and all of a sudden I felt tired and slightly weak.

"Are you better?" Phoenix asked. I completely forgot about her.

"Yes. Thank you, Phoenix."

She wrapped me in an embrace. "I love you, Elsa."

"I love you too, Phoenix."