Awakening

Elsa's P.O.V.

"Elsa? Hello?" I just stared blankly ahead of me as I saw Anna's hand wave in front of me. Out of nowhere, she snapped her fingers in my face, which awakened me from my trance. I blinked three times then looked at Anna. "What's wrong? You've been sitting there day after day and you haven't gotten any sleep." She tilted her head and gave me a worried look. She was right. I hadn't slept in days yet my eyelids drooped from how tired I was.

"Nothing is wrong," I tried to reassure her.

"I had asked if you wanted to do something with me." I went back to thinking about Hans and completely ignored her once more. "Elsa come on! Tell me what's wrong! You don't look okay," she said snapping in my face once more.

"Anna, I'm fine. Just leave me alone. I'll do something with you later. I don't feel up to it right now," I replied harshly. I felt ice climbing my fingertips and freezing the throne.

"When you're ready let me know," Anna said, looking at the throne while backing away. As soon as she left, I let out a sigh. I needed some rest but somehow, some part of me just didn't allow it. I rested my head on my hand and slowly closed my eyes, but was awakened by the thoughts of Hans and the ice climbing the walls. As much as I would have loved to be in my room, I didn't have the strength to pick myself up.

It took about three minutes until I finally managed to get myself to standing position. Now the problem was walking. I felt as if my legs wouldn't be able to lift me up the stairs.

I stumbled a couple of times but eventually made my way to my room, fortunately without being stopped by anyone. But I felt more tired than ever. I threw myself on the bed and tried unsuccessfully to go to sleep. The thought of Hans kept resurfacing me back to reality. In no time, I broke out into tears because I missed him. I missed the man that had once tried to kill me.

"Oh my gosh! Elsa, what happened?" I heard Phoenix say, bursting into the room.

"I can't stand it!" I yelled while trying to pull myself up. Phoenix grabbed me by the arm and raised me so that I was sitting next to her.

"Okay. Take a deep breath in and out. Calm yourself." I did as she said and I did calm down. I was finally able to become aware of my surroundings and saw that I had formed a mini blizzard. Upon looking down, I noticed that my hands were trembling. Only this time, it wasn't from the cold. "Are you better?" she asked. I nodded and felt tears roll down my cheeks. "Okay. What's wrong?"

"I miss him . . ." I explained hesitantly. She had no idea who I was talking about our what was going on. I sighed and continued, "A few months ago when I froze Arendelle, a man had come and asked to marry Anna. Of course, I said no because they had only just met. That was when I revealed my powers. In the end, I froze Anna's heart and it could only be thawed by an act of true love. She came back to Arendelle to look for Hans for her to kiss him, but instead just left her there to die. He then tried to kill me for the throne." She stared at me, wide-eyed. I sighed. "And now I miss him." I still felt the icy tears run down my cheeks.

"When did you see him again? You could just have liked him from the moment he tried to kill you." At that time, I despised him. He was the person I least expected to fall in love with.

"His brother had asked for him to come to Arendelle to get his punishment. He finally confessed his love for me here and that was when the whole incident happened," I explained. She pieced together the clues and seemed like she was understanding the pattern. "His brother found out about his love for me and demanded that I went to the Southern Isles with Hans. While on the ship, I found out about my love for him. I had a talk with his brother when Hans came in and started punching his brother. I left the room because I really didn't want to be a part of that. Hans came after me and said that his brother had lied about him. He came in moments later and said that Hans wasn't allowed to come back to Arendelle with me." She looked at me, saddened. I sniffed and thought out loud, "Now I may never see him again . . ." She pulled my head so that it rested on her shoulder and ran her fingers through my hair.

"It's okay. You will see him again. He's fine. I bet he's thinking the same about you. He probably missing you a lot more than you think."

"You really think so?" I asked her. Phoenix was always there to cheer me up and support me. I also knew she was trying hard not to burn me with her powers.

"Mhm," she replied cheerfully and nodded. I always looked up to her. She was sent away to protect both me and Anna. Yet, she stayed strong and had faith that one day we would reunite. And here we are. She was almost like a mother to me. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier, though?" she asked. I started feeling ashamed for not telling her. She could have helped. But then again, there was that 50 percent chance that I could have been haunted by a panicking Phoenix and the thought of her burning down my kingdom.

"Well, I didn't want you to worry. I knew that I would be fine," I responded softly. I looked at her and something told me that she had figured something out. I just didn't know what.

"Okay. But next time, tell me. I want to help you," she offered.

"Okay." I pulled her into a tight embrace. "I love you, Phoenix."

"I love you too, Elsa."