Why Me?

Elsa's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe the words that had just come out of his mouth. I want to be forgiven like you do. So tell me you meant to kill her. I felt disoriented for a few seconds, then pulled myself together and cleared my throat. Hans just stood there, as if he was waiting for an answer. I went from surprised to helpless.

"I'm . . . I'm sorry, Hans." He just looked down, defeated. But I forgave him. No matter what evil consumed him at that moment of crisis and chaos, I still forgave him. "Look, I-"

"Queen Elsa!" someone interrupted. My head darted up at the person yelling and so did Hans'. "We have urgent news!" One of my servants ran-waddled toward us with a note in his hand. Another note. This was not good.

"What is it?" I asked worryingly.

"We got another letter from King Henry. He wants to arrange a meeting with you and Hans, alone." He handed the note to me and I opened it. To frighten everyone in the room, I decided to begin frosting the walls around us.

"Queen Elsa . . ." I heard Hans say. But I kept reading. Toward the end of the note, I sighed. There was no option. There was no 'Yes or No.' King Henry was a savage, lying, cruel, manipulative maniac. But there really was nothing I could do.

"I have to go," I whispered to myself. Hans looked worried, almost scared. I felt fury and anger building up within me and no matter what can't close to me or even touch me, I would explode. Like a grenade.

"Queen Elsa, what's wrong?"

"Well what do you care?! After all, you did take over my kingdom and tried to kill me!" I retaliated. But right after those words came out, I couldn't bring them back. I regretted it from the moment I finished the sentence. "Hans, I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I understand. I'm sorry for hurting you." But he wasn't the one hurting me at the moment.

"No. It wasn't you."

"Then what might be bothering you?"

"Your brother."