Upside Down

Elsa's P.O.V.

I was woken up by a loud clanking sound. My head sprang up immediately. Soon after, I heard clicking. Probably the prison doors were being unlocked. I heard footsteps coming to my door, but I didn't bother to get up. They suddenly stopped. From underneath my door, I saw food being pushed into my room. Then I saw why they didn't want to let me out. They probably never will.
I'm not hungry and I will not eat, I thought to myself. But in reality, I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything yesterday and the day before. I forced myself to look away from the plate. Who knows what is in there. For me, probably something poisonous and expired. Even with that, how will I eat is the question. My hands are chained.

Just then I heard the door creak open. I knew exactly who it was and I wasn't in the mood for lectures. "What do you want?" I choked out, tears welling in my eyes. I miss everything about Arendelle. My home, my castle, my family. I didn't want to deal with the hatred in his eyes and voice. I just wanted to be free again.

"Nothing. Just came here to check up on you."

"I'm fine. Now leave," I said, still not looking at him. I felt my cuffs freezing with sadness and anger. Good. I want to run away.

I heard his footsteps exiting the room. Just before he really did leave he asked, "Aren't you hungry?" Although he didn't leave right after. He expected an answer.

"A little," I confessed, still not looking at him. Why did I tell him? Who knows what he's going to do next. Well, I'm going to die one way or another.

"You should be. You haven't eaten the whole day yesterday," he said. "Come here."

I tilted my head a little, confused by the way he was acting. I slid my feet off the "bed", stood up, and walked to him. He took some keys out from his pocket. Why is he doing this for me? He hates me.

I gave him my cuffs and, in an instant, he freed from the metal contraptions. Now I can escape. But I couldn't. I needed to eat first. I was starving.

I walked to the plate and slowly picked it up, my hands trembling with anxiety. I took the bread from the plate. The crisp texture made my mouth water. I instantly brought it to my mouth and sank my teeth in it.

The bread was sweeter than usual. The flavor sprinkled in my tastebuds. A little too sweet.

I looked at the man, he had a sly smile on his face. What was his name? What is my name? Who am I? What is happening?
Henry's P.O.V.

As she took a bite, I saw her body relax. My plan was working! How could she have been such a fool? I felt a hysterical laugh bubble within me. But I had to contain it. All that was left now was to convince her that I was the good guy. Hans would soon be out of her mind.

She looked up at me, a confused look on her face. It was working. The process was almost complete. Just then, I saw her eye color change. It was still blue, but bordering the pupil, a pinkish purple color spiraled slowly into the iris.
Elsa's P.O.V.

He must have caught my confusion because he began explaining what was going on. "I'm King Henry of the Southern Isles," he started. "We are in the Southern Isles."

"Who am I?" I asked, still puzzled. How could I forget who I was? I had to have been someone. But I didn't know.

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle." I'm a queen!? Gosh. I have a lot to catch up on. "You are in love with me."

"Why are we here?" I asked again. I was starting to get the feeling that he was getting annoyed with my questions. But I needed answers.

"My brother, Hans, is trying to kill you," he explained.

"Why?"

"He wants to take your place as king. He will do anything to take the throne." That explains a lot.

"Oh. Well, I'd rather share the throne with you," I said to him, smiling. I looked down at the plate as I was going to put it down. Just then, frost started enveloping the plate. I dropped the plate in alarm, a small scream escaping my lips. I just stared at the plate as a small smile curled on my lips slowly.

"Oh yes. I almost forgot to mention. You have ice powers," he explained.

I picked the plate up from the ground and stared at it.

"I have ice powers," I repeated quietly.

"How about we take a look around the castle? Then you can practice controlling your powers," he offered. That sounded fine by me. How were there so many things I didn't know about myself? I was a queen. I had ice powers.

"Sounds good," I responded. I left the plate on the wooden plank which, I guess, was some sort of bench. I then walked to the door, where King Henry was waiting already. Should I refer to him as King Henry? The name Henry by itself doesn't seem as polite. I am I queen after all. I should have respect for him. According to him, I love him. I guess I can't argue with that. He his pretty nice.

He opened the door and stepped aside, bowing. What a gentleman. "Queen Elsa," he said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"It is my pleasure." Upon looking around, I saw what looked like jail cells. Empty jail cells.

"Where are we?" I asked King Henry as soon as he caught up to me.

"The prison in the Southern Isles." My assumptions were correct.

"Why are here?" I asked again.

"So that Hans wouldn't suspect that you would be hiding here if he came looking for you. Why would the Queen of Arendelle be locked up?" he asked rhetorically. It made sense. Did this 'Hans' really want my kingdom that bad? Goodness.

"Okay."

"I hope you enjoy the tour," he said, leaning in closer to me. Before I knew it, his hand was intertwined with mine. The feeling I had reminded me of something. It was probably my imagination.

----------
Hehehe. Switched up the story. You weren't expecting that now were you? I actually didn't know it would come to this myself. But hey! This is a Helsa fanfiction. Don't give up hope yet. Well, I guess if you're a quitter yeah. Whatever. Just continue reading my story. If you don't know what happened to Elsa, let me explain. In the bread she ate, Henry put amnesia powder. She couldn't see it though. That was why it tasted sweet. So yeah.
Thanks for reading! Bai!