[16]

Last Chapter-[15]
I texted her back, agreeing to not hurting Mina. It was a promise and no matter what happens, I would never want to hurt the girl I fell for. It's cheesy but it's true. Hurting someone that's important to my life is not something I go by, it's against the rules in my head.

I can't hurt Mina, I never will.

::Chapter 16::
<Same Day>
-Third Person's POV-

Chaeyoung waited, glancing at her watch every now and then. Her patience was nothing to scoff at as waiting was one of her strong suites. Mina did say that she might be a little late so Chaeng took that into consideration. "Oh, it's getting cold." The cub shivered, rubbing her arms.

Mina met up with Jeongyeon, saying that they have a group project to work on and Chaeyoung offered to pick her up after they were done. "Why did we have to meet here? It's so dang cold." Chaeyoung chuckled to herself, not being able to bring herself to be angry. Mina was just someone she can never scream at.

"Chaeyoung!" Mina's voice had finally broke the silence. The shorter girl looked her, smiling, wearily waving as the cold had already made her numb. But to her surprise, Jeongyeon was there, jogging beside Mina.

"Hey." Chaeyoung greeted, smiling at the two. Though she was happy to see Jeongyeon, something irked her. Like having Jeongyeon standing beside Mina made her feel a bit intimidated. Maybe it was because she was taller? Or maybe because Chaeyoung haven't really talked to Jeongyeon. Whatever it was, it started to bother Chaeng.

"Alright, I'll go now. See ya Chaeyoung and Mina I'll start working on the slides." Jeongyeon smiled, saying her goodbyes before running off. Chaeyoung and Mina stood in silence before the taller girl started to talk.

"We're finally done all the research." Mina sighed, a smile never leaving her gorgeous face.

"Research? You're only done that?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow surprised to hear that. Shouldn't they be done everything by now?

"Ok, we started late because we're both busy but we work fast." Mina crossed her arms, defending herself.

Chaeyoung should act surprised but Mina was a top student so she didn't doubt her skills. Plus, Jeongyeon was also efficient so these two doing something last minute would be no problem. "Alright." Chaeng chuckled.

Mina kept fidgeting, her fingers fumbling with this small teddy bear key chain on her keys. It wasn't noisy but it was pretty distracting for Chaeyoung as she did see it at the corner of her eye. Was Mina nervous? She did look pretty nervous. "You ok? You look like you're stressing over an exam." Chaeyoung pointed out.

"No, I guess I just feel happy today." Her gummy smiled flashed and Chaeyoung was convinced. Mina was happy and that was because of one person.

"Hey, can I talk to you later tonight?" Mina looked away, as if avoiding eye contact. Chaeyoung was curious, worried even but she nodded without thinking "Sure. Anything wrong?"

A slight blush was visible on Mina's face and if amused Chaeyoung "No! See you." She closed the door behind her, leaving the shorter girl in question. Mina looked embarassed, nervous, anxious. Her cheeks were red but that might have been from the cold temperature.

"Wait." Chaeyoung mumbled.

Mina likes you, she called you a nickname and you're cute.

Her heart rate must have gotten faster because Chaeyoung had rushed home, her cheeks were as red as Somi's rose jacket. The little cub tried not to get her hopes up but she couldn't stop herself. Maybe she should confess first? Chaeyoung knew that it was only a %50 chance of Mina confessing her feelings but she was still hyped.