[44]

Last Chapter - 43
Mina's vision went blurry, her thoughts going back to Chaeyoung's smile. The smile that she may not see again.

You can't leave me Chaeyoung.

I still need to tell you.

Please don't leave me, not again.

I need you more than anything else.

I love you.

::Chapter 44::

The cold temperature of the water rushed through her face. She wearily grazed her forehead where blood dripped. The light of the moon was nowhere, and there was only darkness.

Chaeyoung could slowly feel her body going limp. Her eyes tempting to close. She was losing oxygen. Chaeyoung swung her arm, in hopes to move upward where the bubbles seem to lead.

The cold water started to eat away at her vision as she starts to lose consciousness. Chaeyoung's fingers were numb and her legs were to weak to even move.

I can't go yet.

Chaeyoung grunted, the pressure of the water made it hard for her to hear anything. She narrowed her eyes, forcing them open as she tries to swim. Her body was weak and exhausted but she tried.

I can't leave yet.

She ignored the temptations to give up. Chaeyoung ignored the symptoms of her body failing. The short girl pushed forward, the wounds on her body stinging as she felt the water rush through it.

I can't leave Mina.

Chaeyoung felt her lungs suffocate. Her heart felt like there was something wrapping around it, taking away the ability to breath. Chaeyoung's muffled screams couldn't be heard from the surface, and she knew that.

I still need to see her.

Chaeyoung winced in pain, her hand opening as if she was trying to grab something. Her body finally gave out. Her eyes slowly closing as her breaths became shallow. Her mouth opened, huge amounts of water entering.

She could no longer swim up. The exhaustion was too much. Chaeyoung could feel the surface get farther, her whole life was slowly fading.

Mina's smile got farther.

Chaeyoung let out one last breath before closing her eyes. Her body going deeper into the lake. Her thoughts were slowly fading and she could feel the water pressing her down.

I'm sorry Mina.

~

////

"Do you want a bite?" A voice chuckled, pushing a chocolate cookie in front of her face.

"Chaeng, I'm on a diet." Mina groaned, pushing the sweet treat away. Chaeyoung huffed, crossing her arms at the penguin.

"It's just one cookie! Come on Mina, it tastes good." Chaeyoung teased, waving the treat around Mina's peripheral vision. The eldest glanced at Chaeng, glaring, obviously not that happy with all the teasing.

The cub went to a halt, quickly eating away at the cookie, "Sorry." Chaeyoung apologized, hiding away the other treats she bought for Mina.

"It's ok."

Chaeyoung sighed, scratching the back of her head, "I'm just trying to cheer you up that's all." The cub looked at Mina, who returned the glance.