[23]

Last Chapter-22
"About-?"

Mina looked up at Chaeyoung, Mina's eyes were so mesmerizing it almost hypnotized the shorter girl, taking away her ability to speak due to Mina's endless beauty.

"About you."

::Chapter 23::
-Third Person's POV-

Chaeyoung was taken back by the answer, Mina's eyes made it even harder for her to utter a word, "About..Me?" The cub wanted to play it safe, but right now, the older girl got Chaeyoung trapped in a corner.

"It's not a bad thing," Mina chuckled, "Don't worry. I just want to know if you're ok."

"Of course I'm ok." Chaeyoung answered quickly, a little to quick in fact. Mina nodded, settling the question down and not speaking another word.

The two sat in silence, both of them in different worlds. Mina was busy with eyes glued to her phone and Chaeyoung was busy staring at the masterpiece in front of her, Mina. The cub felt her heart beat faster everytime she sees breathtaking features, her beauty just stealing the words from Chaeyoung's mouth.

"Mina."

The girl looked up, seeing the face of someone who seemed to be in sorrow. Mina raised an eyebrow, awaiting for an answer.

"Have you ever thought," Chaeyoung's eyes intensely stared into Mina's, "Of falling in love with someone else? Someone other than Jeongyeon?"

The question made Mina think. There was no one who had made her smile as much as Jeongyeon, no one who had made her heart flutter, so no one, "Not really." She answered, her voice was subtle but she sounded unsure.

Chaeyoung hummed, her eyes still gazing at Mina's who was starting to melt under the cubs rather intense glance. The ballerina cleared her throat, "Why?"

The cub smiled, "Jeongyeon," she chuckled leaning back on her chair, a glint of sadness had entered her expression, "Is very lucky to have someone like you, Mina."

Mina felt herself tense under those words, "Although you're not together yet, I'm sure you two would make a great couple." Chaeyoung let her hand stir the spoon inside the decorated cup. The drawings intriguing Chaeng.

"Chaeyoung, Are you sure you-" Mina was about to grab the cub's hand but Chaeyoung swiftly moved away, slipping them into her pockets. As the elder one was about to speak, another voice had interrupted, "Hey! I'm back!" Jeongyeon laughed.

Chaeyoung stood up, leaving Mina sitting alone in the table. It was no big deal, after all Jeongyeon was going to take her place as Mina's date. The cub walked in front of Jeongyeon, a smile placed amongst her cute features.

"Chaey..." Jeongyeon trailed off as Chaeyoung looks into her eyes.

"Take care of Mina."

::

Chaeyoung buried herself under the mounds of pillows on her bed. The fabric resting on her skin as she lazily stares at the small alarm clock in front of her. The double date came to an end, due to Nayeon's non-stop forcing saying that she had to finish a project.

The cub turned and laid on her back, the texture of the ceiling appealing to Chaeyoung in some strange way. It was a simple white, smooth ceiling, nothing special was added to make it seem beautiful but to the young arts major, she was still attracted to it. Chaeyoung always enjoyed the "Simplicity" of things.

She appreciated the small and fine details of paintings but she also liked the idea of just a simple brush stroke on a white canvas. That alone was enough to lure the arts major. Chaeyoung chuckled, reminiscing the moments where she has seen Mina's rather simple smile. The smile that made her heart jump a thousands stars and the smile that attracted her heart. It was simple but alluring.

"Chaeyoung? You in there?"

The cub yawned, sitting up straight with her hair in a messy ponytail, "Come in."

Chaeyoung stared at the door as it creaked open, the sight of Somi slowly entering the room. Her best friend gave a gentle smile before closing the door behind her, "Anything new?" Chaeyoung asked.

Somi shrugged, sitting at the foot of the bed, "Not really. Just met a new friend and that's it."

"New friend?" Chaeyoung crosses her legs, showing her interest, "And who may this be?"

"Her name's Moonbyul, I met her when I was passing by the photography class. She said she wanted a picture of a pretty girl and chose me." Somi snickered, still remembering that first meet with her new friend, "How about you? Anything new with you?"

Chaeyoung smirked, as only a bit has changed in her life. It was drastic at first but this was the outcome the cub had expected. "Not really. Still the boring life." She ended with a chuckle, lying back down on her bed.

"Nothing's new with Mina?"

The cub winced at the tone and name, Somi had spoken. Her tone was sharp and it sounded unfriendly if you weren't close with her. Chaeyoung glanced at Somi, who had her face covered, "No, why?"

"Nothing."

As Somi stood up, Chaeyoung opened her mouth wanting to speak her mind, "Why are you asking these things?" The cub groaned, "Did Momo tell you anything? Dangi-"

"Momo didn't have to tell me anything." Somi turned to Chaeyoung, poison dwelling inside her eyes, "It's obvious enough."

The shorter girl stepped back, surprised by the sudden change of mood. A few seconds ago she was happy but the mention of Mina changed it. The atmosphere of the area darkened and it felt awkward to Chaeyoung's taste.

Somi glared at Chaeyoung, "You're being selfish, Chaeng and soon enough you'll hurt someone." She snapped, angrily shutting the door behind her, making the other jump.

Chaeyoung tried to call out as soon as possible but not a single noise escaped her chapped lips. The cub sighed, tiredly sitting on her bed, her thoughts reaching so many heights it was hard to keep count. So many questions popping up but soon after, it leaves.

"Maybe setting Mina up with Jeongyeon wasn't the best idea." Chaeyoung breathed out, rubbing her eyes as she groans in frustration, "But why wouldn't it be? Surely Mina wants to be with Jeongyeon. After all, she loves her. I'm not doing anything wrong. Am I?" She asked herself.

Chaeyoung's arms sprawled across her bed, her chest calmly going up and down as she breathed. Her thoughts slowly took a calm turn and she was finally focused, the questions fully settling down. The arts major stood up and stared at the mirror across from her, the reflection of herself painted across the equipment.

Her heart ached. Chaeyoung knew that setting Mina up with someone else would hurt herself, but she wanted the girl to be happy. She wanted Mina to be happy. Chaeyoung hastily wiped away her watery eyes, grunting as she makes her way to the door.

"You're doing this for her Chaeng." She chanted, telling herself as she tries to hold in the frustration. Chaeyoung inhales.

"She deserves someone else."

::

Thank you for reading chapter! Hope you enjoyed, please feel free to comment and vote 🐧🐯