[19]

Last Chapter-[18]
"I know you love her." Her voice was like a whisper.

"I know you're hurt."

"But trust me." Momo's voice was so small, it sounded so sincere.

"Take care of her. She'll need you more than anyone else in the world, Chaeng. You'll know why soon."

Also, thank you all so much for 3ooo reads and 100+ votes!!! I'll work even harder to write this book! Thank you :)

::Chapter 19::
::1 Week::
-Third Person's POV-

"Maybe but to be honest it's better like this." Sana explained, tugging on the strap of her bag because of the heavy weight caused by her textbooks, "I like it this way."

"Living alone?" Chaeyoung added, she was no longer sulking in Nayeon's home and decided that hanging out with this Shibu inu was a little better in terms of healing. Sana was always one to make her smile a little, just because of the random quirks and clumsy personality this women had.

"Yeah, I get to be messy. I'm just glad that my parents were supportive in me studying abroad here." Sana signed, "I thought they wouldn't but they said I can. I do miss them, but I just feel like this is my dream, you know?"

Until now, Chaeyoung was never one to initiate conversations but it turns out that starting one with Sana wasn't hard at all. The squirrel was always someone who you can easily talk to and it was something that Chaeyoung needed.

"Plus, I need to take care of Mina."

Chaeyoung's ears perked, although she didn't want to hear that name at the moment, she knew that she was about to learn something about the penguin. "Take care?"

"Mina, is a very..." Sana sighed, "she doesn't show emotions that well. Don't get me wrong, Mina isn't some emotionless human being but she isn't the most open about her emotions too.  In other words, Mina is someone you can have a hard time understanding. Heck, sometimes I can't even understand her feelings-that's coming from someone who's known her since we were kids." Sana laughed, fixing the strap of her bag.

"So don't be surprised if she misleads you sometimes. Mina can be confusing at many times." Sana explained, her smile not leaving her face. Chaeyoung hummed, not really knowing how to address her answer. After all, her situation with Mina isn't easy.

A long pause had gotten in the way but Chaeyoung decided to work up the courage, "Hey Sana. Why is Mina like that? She smiles but sometimes when she does it's, fake. And most of time she has this expression like sorrow." Her eyes met with Sana's.

"She's just like that. Mina is as hard as stone when it comes to her feelings. Although seems like you broke it so easily, don't get ahead of yourself. Mina is hard to understand but once you do, it's easy. It's just that, she's been through so much and right now," Sana frowned, "Smiling is a harder task to do."

And I'm making it worst for her. I made her worry about me when she has other more important things to worry about. I'm so careless, dammit.

"Hm." Chaeyoung felt so disappointed in herself that she even forgot her feelings towards Mina.

Maybe.

Chaeyoung sighed, her heart sinking further into her stomach as she thinks deeper into her emotions.

Maybe it's better if I just let go.

"...ng?"

After all, she's happier with Jeongyeon.

"...aeng?!"

That's right. Mina's better off without me.

"Chaeng!" A slap on Chaeyoung's arm interrupted all of the unpleasant thoughts, blowing them away. Sana chuckled watching as she sees the younger one rub her arm from the sting caused by the slap she gave to Chaeyoung.

"You were like deep in thought there." The squirrel laughed, of course earning a rather nervous chuckle from Chaeyoung. "I space out sometimes." She answered, knowing that Sana would tease her if she says her thoughts were about Mina.

"So right now, us two are the people she trusts the most." Sana winked, a smirk growing upon her cute features, "Let's support her, ok?"

Chaeyoung sighed, forcefully pushing her feelings aside. She knew, inside, that even if she loves Mina, supporting that penguin was something she'd rather do. Plus, Chaeng wanted the best for her and if that's what she can do then it's no problem for the tiger cub. "Yeah, let's do that." Chaeyoung smiled.

::

Mina breathed out for the forth time as she leans back on the bench. Her school work laying on the floor as she tiredly stares at the blank sky, "Need help?"

"No, I'm fi-" Mina paused and smiled at the sight before her, "Actually, I do. Thank you Chaeyoung." A warm smile had played around Mina's face and just seeing that had already brightened Chaeng's day.

Chaeyoung hummed, gently picking up the text books on the floor and placing it beside Mina who helped as well, "No problem, anything for you." The cub threw a thumbs up, sitting beside the books with her hands inside her pockets.

"You're not mad anymore?"

"Was I ever mad at you?"

"I...thought you were." Mina played with the hem of her shirt, feeling awkward around Chaeyoung who was staring at her.

"That was just a misunderstanding. I'm sorry if I made you worry." Chaeyoung chuckled, ruffling Mina's hair as she let a rather wide smile grow upon her features. The shorter girl stretched her arms before slipping Mina's textbooks into her bag.

It hurts me seeing her with someone else. But it hurts me even more to know that I caused her more worry. I'll move on, but for now I'll protect her. I'll protect Mina.

"Y-You shouldn't say sorry." Mina stood up, grabbing onto Chaeyoung's wrist to stop her from walking forward, "I should-"

"Don't sweat. It was partly my fault anyways, I shouldn't have run off like that." Chaeyoung tightly wrapped her own hand around the taller girl, her reassuring smile popping up again, "I guess it was just tiger instincts." She winked.

"Tiger instincts?" Mina tilted her head, slightly confused by that term.

"Yeah, I'm a tiger cub remember? That's your nickname for me, did you forget already?" Chaeyoung laughed, all just by a thought forcing herself to think she was happy.

"O-Of course not." Mina spoke, scratching her head, considering that she still felt awkward around Chaeyoung.

"I'm you're tiger cub." The shorter girl played with the small key chain in her hands, given by her mother.

"Doesn't matter how much it hurts me," Chaeyoung avoided Mina's eyes, tears were being held back by all her power.

"I'll always protect you, Mina."

::

Thank you for enjoying this chapter! Please comment and vote! 🐧🐯