[41]

Last Chapter - 40
A mumble left the younger students mouth, one that can't be heard by Nayeon. The eldest asked again hoping it'll make Chaeyoung speak up. Chaeyoung opened her mouth, preparing to answer Nayeon, "Nayeon-"

"-Yeah. Those lost feelings. They're coming back."

::Chapter 41::

"You ready?" Chaeyoung spoke, leaning on the porch, waiting for Mina who was still tying her shoes. As the dancer finished, she walked alongside Chaeyoung towards the hospital, no conversation blooming between the two.

Mina dug her head deeper into her scarf as she glanced at Chaeyoung. "Are you cold?" Mina asked, seeing that the younger student was just wearing a sweater. With a chuckle, Chaeyoung shakily nodded.

"Do you want my scarf?" As Mina was about to unwrap her scarf, Chaeyoung quickly grabbed the penguins arm, "Chae-"

"Can I-" Chaeyoung looked into Mina's eyes, "Can I just hold your hand?" The cub offered a gentle smile and Mina couldn't resist that. Plus the fact that she actually wanted to hold Chaeyoung's hand.

"Sure." Mina's answer was muffled but Chaeyoung still heard her. With slow movement, the cub intertwined their hands together, the warmth sending shivers down both their bodies.

The rest of the way towards the hospital was quiet and although they both wanted to speak up, the awkward tension won them over. As they entered the bottom floor, Mina watched as Chaeyoung lead her to the room.

Mina would glance down at her hand, the one that Chaeyoung held, yearning for Chaeyoung's touch. "This should be the room." The cub mumbled, opening the door slowly.

"Chaeyoung, Mina." Nayeon greeted, waving. Mina mostly ignored everyone else and ran towards Sana, hugging the girl as tight as she can. The latter smiled, returning the hug.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mina mumbled, burying her face into the crook of Sana's neck. The squirrel chuckled softly, grazing Mina's back as a way to comfort her.

"I was going to tell you but I was waiting for the right time." Sana smiled, looking into Mina's eyes. The latter wiped away a few tears, trying her best to not breakdown in front of everyone again.

"Now that we have that done-" Nayeon glanced at Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon, Who were still awkward with each other because of the fight they had about Mina. "-It's your turn." Nayeon smiled.

Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, "Our turn? What did we do?" They both acted clueless but it was obvious that they knew. Jeongyeon crossed her arms, awaiting for someone to change the subject.

Dahyun rolled her eyes playfully, "We all know you two got into a fight. Just make up already." She giggled, although Mina was a bit confused.

Mina tilted her head slightly, "The two of them got into a fight?" She asked, getting the attention of both Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon sighed, looking at Chaeyoung with guilt swimming in her eyes, "Chae. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight and I just-" The ostrich was cut off by Chaeyoung who smiled at her.

"As long as you actually don't do it then it's fine. Now, are we ok?" Chaeyoung laughed as she heard Jeongyeon cheer, giving the cub a high five. Mina couldn't help but giggle, watching Chaeyoung as she laughed and smiled.

Sana giggled, catching Mina's attention, "What is it?" The penguin asked, confused. Sana smiled, crossing her arms.

"The way you look at her is so obvious, Mina." Sana chuckled, making Mina go a little red. The dancer chuckled nervously, looking away from Sana's gaze, "When are you going to tell her?"

Mina sheepishly shrugged, "I don't know.."

~

"You two don't need to stay here." Sana yawned, watching Chaeyoung who sat on the couch lazily. The cub turned around and caught a glimpse of Mina quietly snoring on the coffee table.

"It's ok and hey, Dahyun went home so it's our turn." Chaeyoung responded, turning the tv off so it won't cause any noise. The cub grabbed a blanket and slowly approached Mina.

Sana slumped her shoulders, feeling the guilt enter as she watched Chaeyoung drape the blanket over Mina's body. "I'm sorry."

Chaeyoung looked at the older girl, confused, "Sorry? Why are you apologizing?" When Chaeyoung finished, the cub approached Sana who looked guilty.

"For being such a burden to you." Sana answered, looking down at her hands. Chaeyoung's eyes widened slightly by the answer but instantly, she chuckled as if to reassure Sana.

Chaeyoung shook her head at the squirrel, "You are never a burden to us, Sana. You're our friend, we want to take care of you." The cub smiled, looking into Sana's eyes with a genuine intention.

Sana shook her head, "That's not the point. I made Mina cry. I made you cry. I made Dahyun cry. Dahyun never slept when she was with me and she was exhausted. I-" Sana didn't bother stopping her tears, crying into her hands as she tries to avoid Chaeyoung's gaze.

"Sana.." The cub mumbled, trailing off. As Chaeyoung was about to send some comforting words towards Sana, the squirrel had already cut her off.

"Just promise me one thing." Sana shakily spoke, hastily wiping away her tears. Chaeyoung didn't speak, choosing to listen to Sana with her full attention, "Don't leave Mina. If something happens to me-"

Chaeyoung grabbed Sana's hand in an instant, "Nothing will happen to you. I'll make sure of that." The cub interrupted and Sana could tell that Chaeng was holding in the tears.

"Just listen-" Sana sighed, "I want you to take care of Mina. No matter what happens, please, never leave her side. I'm begging you. Promise?" Sana pleaded, her grip around Chaeyoung's hand tightened.

The cub looked at Sana sympathetically, before answering her, "I promise. But I won't let anything happen-" Chaeyoung was cut off as Sana wrapped her arms around the cub. Bringing her into a meaningful hug.

"Thank you." Sana smiled, before letting the cub go.

Chaeyoung looked down, "You sound like you're saying goodbye." The cub mumbled, which Sana heard. Though the squirrel didn't say anything about it.

"Just go rest for now, I still need to text Dahyun." Sana smiled, to which Chaeyoung followed. The cub walked towards the couch, sitting down and slowly falling asleep. The squirrel lied about texting Dahyun. It was late night, obviously she wasn't awake anymore.

Sana looked down, a tear rolling down her cheek as she clutched onto her heart. She glanced at her two friends, who were both asleep, "I'm not sure Chaeyoung-"

"-But I might say goodbye soon."

::

Thank you for reading this chapter🐧🐯