[22]

-Last Chapter-21
"Chaeyoung..." Sana trailed off.

"It's ok," Chaeyoung coughed,

"I'll be ok."

::Chapter 22::
-Third Person's POV-

"It's a double date. There's no need to stress." Chaeyoung laughed, combing her hair as she looked at the mirror. Her eyes on the grandmother behind her, Nayeon.

"I'm not stressing about myself." Nayeon clenched the piece of cloth in her palm, "I'm stressing over you." Her back was faced towards Chaeyoung so the younger girl had no idea what emotion, Nayeon was trying to express.

"Me?"

"Why are you doing this." Nayeon turned around abruptly making Chaeyoung jump at the quick action, "Setting a date for Mina and Jeongyeon? What are you on?" She was, of course, doubting Chaeyoung's decisions.

Chaeyoung's grip around her bag tightened as her anger had started to eat her. "We're going to be late. Hurry up, I'll wait outside." Her voice was stern before exiting the tense atmosphere.

"Chaeyoung wa-" the door slammed shut, leaving Nayeon to her own thoughts, "Why is she so stupid." The eldest grumbled.

::

"So is this like a double date?" Jeongyeon asked, her smile not fading away even for a second. Mina casted her face down, pulling on Chaeyoung's sleeves who got the memo that a certain penguin was nervous.

"Yeah basically. Nayeon is my date and Mina's yours. So don't try to take away the bunny from me today, ok?" Chaeyoung chuckled, glaring at the eldest to play along with this act. Nayeon sighed putting on a smile as she nodded to whatever the youngest had spoken about.

"Lets roam around for now. You two go over there and we'll go over here. Then we'll meet up back at the café! Sounds good?" Chaeyoung threw a thumbs up at Mina, expressing all over her support.

"Huh? But why don't we just go all together? That way it'll be easier to find each other, no hassle needed." Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow, unconsciously walking closer to Mina.

As Chaeyoung was about to stutter out an excuse, Nayeon beat her to it, "I really want to see the aquarium, come on Chaeng!" She cheered, wrapping her arms around Chaeyoung's and pulling the shorter girl away from the other two.

"Huh. Well, I guess it's just us two come-Mina?" Jeongyeon noticed Mina staring at Chaeyoung before she turned a corner.

"Mina?"

"Oh, s-sorry." The penguin apologized, her eyes finally off of Chaeyoung's back. First it was the scarf then it was this double date, Mina knows it's to set her up with Jeongyeon but she also knows that Chaeyoung won't go through such trouble just to do this.

"Alright come on! Let's go!" Jeongyeon cheered, grabbing onto Mina's arm as they ran. But Mina was still hung up on Chaeyoung's idea, why would she do this?

::

"I thought you hated this?"

"I do. But the bunny was calling me."

"You sounds crazy if you put it that way."

"Oh really? It's as crazy as you setting up a date for Jeongyeon and Mina." Nayeon snapped back.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Can you just let it go?" She spoke as her hand gently ran through the animal's white fur, the soft texture giving a sense of warmth to the human tiger.

"No, now don't be rude and be a good tiger during this date." Nayeon snickered obviously enjoying the large amounts of teasing opportunities.

::

"Mina," Jeongyeon handed her a warm cup of chocolate milk, "Are you ok? You've been spacing out a lot today. If you need to talk about something, I'm here."

The ballerina snapped out of her thoughts, her hand jerking as she did so. Mina looked at Jeongyeon and knew that she was suppose to be happy but something about this made her feel like an important feature was missing. "Oh, I have? I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to-"

Jeongyeon chuckled "Woah, don't apologize. It's just that I feel like I'm not such a good date right now. I'm not really good at these things, like ya know," she paused, looking away "dates?"

The way Mina's date spoke her thoughts made the ballerina feel a sense of guilt, she was even wishing that Chaeyoung would run by and help her "D-Don't say that. It's not that you're not a good date, you actually are. I just keep on spacing out." Mina apologized.

"Thanks but I really want to make you happy on this date." Jeongyeon smiled, that same smile that made Mina's heart flutter. It was cheesy but that ostrich's smile was something she loved to see.

"Being with you is enough-" Mina slapped her mouth over her mouth, embarassed that a cheesy line would escape.

Jeongyeon laughed, "Wow, thanks I'm flattered." She spoke, placing her hand over chest with an expression of being flattered. It was goofy and silly but Mina enjoyed seeing it.

After a few minutes or so, Jeongyeon had walked off wanting to buy something at nearby store so Mina suggested that she would just let her be. It wasn't that she didn't want to go, but lately she's noticed something different about Chaeyoung. Not in terms of attitude.

Chaeyoung wasn't the forceful type, she was quite giving and sometimes it worries Mina that maybe Chaeyoung could be easily taken advantage of but that cub is pretty strong, emotionally. But recently the shorter girl had gone out of her way to push Mina with Jeongyeon, the penguin didn't dislike it but something about Chaeyoung's ways left a weird taste in her tounge.

She didn't know, but it bothered her. "Where's Jeongyeon?"

Speak of the devil. "She wanted to buy something at a store so I offered to stay here." Mina smiled, gesturing for Chaeyoung to sit down. The latter gladly did so, the silence settling between the two. Nayeon was nowhere to be found, apparently she was so hung up with the bunnies that she decided to stay. Also because the eldest saw a baby so that automatically distracted her.

"Ah, So," Chaeyoung smirked, "How's your date?"

Mina stirred the spoon inside the milkshake, the contents and colours mixing together as she did so, "It's actually really fun. Thank you, Chaeyoung for doing this,"

"No problem, anything-"

"But why?" Mina's facial expression was hard to figure out so Chaeyoung found herself in a tight position.

"Well for starters, I wanted to hang out and second," Chaeyoung casted her head down, "Didn't you want to go on a date with Jeongyeon?"

"It's not that, I'm really thankful for what you did but," Mina sighed, not knowing how to explain or express herself to Chaeyoung, "Something just really bothers me."

"About the date?" Chaeyoung's heart beat slowed down, hoping that Mina doesn't ask anymore difficult questions.

"No," Mina hesitates to say anymore but she was quite close to Chaeyoung and if something is wrong then of course it'll bother her. But she just didn't know what.

"About Jeongyeon?" Chaeyoung's confusion was starting to get higher, as she had no idea how to help Mina.

Mina hummed, "No."

"About-?"

Mina looked up at Chaeyoung, Mina's eyes were so mesmerizing it almost hypnotized the shorter girl, taking away her ability to speak due to Mina's endless beauty.

"About you."

::

Thanks for reading this chapter, hope you enjoyed! Feel free to comment and vote 🐧🐯