[27]

Hello everyone! I'm back, sorry about what happened I got sick for the past few days so my friend had to take care of me. Thanks to him I've recovered faster but I'm still recovering since I'm just a tiny bit sick still :3 Anyways, Thank you guys for being so patient! (Wow I can't believe my book got rank #1 in the Momo category!!)
~
-Third Person's POV-

They were getting closer and closer to Sana's house, a reasonable space in between then two as they continued to walk. Dahyun glanced at Chaeyoung several times but the shorter girl didn't return the look, showing that she was in thought. Deep thought.

"Do you really miss me." Chaeyoung broken the silence which was a first. Dahyun didn't know that the tiger would cut the tense atmosphere open when she's already been through what seemed like a heart break.

"Yes." Dahyun answered.

"Why." Chaeyoung's hands were warmly placed inside her pockets, her bare skin still out in the open but she showed no sign of being cold, "I've said nasty things to you before you left. Wouldn't you hate me?"

"Hating you is impossible." Dahyun answered back, "We were friends but because of my decision. We split up and I am deeply sor-"

"Don't apologize for something that you want." Chaeyoung met eyes with Dahyun, almost catching the older girl off guard, "I'd feel even more guilty if you couldn't reach your dreams because of me."

"But I left you."

"Everyone leaves once in a while," Chaeyoung casted her head down, her hair acting as a shield to cover this saddened expression, "It just depends wether or not they come back. If they don't then it's useless waiting." She spoke and Dahyun couldn't help but feel sympathy resting in her heart.

Out of decision, Dahyun ran her fingers across Chaeyoung's cheeks, "Dahy-"

"I'm sorry." Dahyun pulled Chaeyoung close, wrapping her arms around the shorter girl and tightening her grip around the cub, "Please accept it."

"You didn't do anything wrong." Chaeyoung's face was empty but her eyes spoke otherwise. The strong act she tried to put up was broken down through her eyes. Those tired, saddening orbs, "I can't."

Dahyun hugged Chaeyoung tighter, "Accepting it will make me even happier."

"Fine." Chaeyoung pulled away, looking straight into Dahyun's eyes, "I forgive you and I'm sorry for misunderstanding you."

"Don't apologize. It's my fault." Dahyun giggled, ruffling Chaeyoung's hair who's emotion did not change, "And I heard what you said." Dahyun hid her face underneath her jacket collar.

Chaeyoung tilted her head at the older girl. Dahyun's fingers swiftly intertwined with Chaeyoung's, surprising the cub just a little bit. The elder one smiled and her noise was red, probably due to the cold weather, Dahyun's grip tightened as she looked into Chaeyoung's eyes,

"But someone does love you."

The two were both speechless, specially Chaeyoung who was quiet, "Wha-"

Dahyun laughed and pulled on Chaeyoung's hand, "As a friend of course! Come on Sana's waiting." The elder giggled, her face hidden away from Chaeyoung. The younger one had to many things on her mind as of that moment so she shrugged it off as an ending to their awkward reconciliation.

~

"You brought Chaeyoung with you? Where's your other friend?" Sana tiredly wiped away her tears. She wasn't living inside a dorm so she lived outside the campus, which is why Chaeyoung and Dahyun were a little worn out.

"My friend said she was busy so I met Chaeyoung on the way, why not bring her instead." Dahyun smiled.

Sana nodded, not seeing a problem with it as well. She glanced at Chaeyoung and saw this tired soul who seemed to have been so worn out, like she finally let out all her emotions. Not choosing to pry in, Sana greeted her normally and let the two in.

"You have a basement?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, looking at a couple of stairs leading down. Sana yawned and nodded as she put a tray of tea down on the table, "She even has a punching bag." Dahyun spoke.

Chaeyoung looked at Sana, confused, "Why?" At first Sana was ok with this version of Chaeyoung but it started to ruin her own mood. Seeing this lifeless cub walk around her home was bothering her, "It's for a friend. You know Chou Tzuyu, right?"

"I didn't know she was a boxer in training." Chaeyoung hummed, amused by the new fact she discovered, "May I use it?"

Sana glanced at Dahyun, taken back by the sudden question. As far as they both know, Chaeyoung was never the type to start punching bags so this was a different request, "Sure? Wait aren't you cold? You just wore a shirt and jogging pant-"

Chaeyoung took a step on the stairs, her face kept hidden so the two other couldn't see her expression, "I'm fine. Don't worry." She spoke before hurrying down he stairs.

Sana's expression changed into a guilt as she watched Chaeyoung's back slowly disappear. Dahyun sighed, looking down feeling the same amount of sympathy, "We always worry, Chaeng."

~

"Damn you."

"Damn you."

"Damn-" A good punch,"you."

Chaeyoung panted, as she found the punching bag that Sana was talking about. It swung back and forth but not enough to hit the cub. She grunted, hitting the soft object with her fist once more. She didn't bother to use gloves as she figure it wouldn't hurt as much. It didn't but her knuckes were beginning to get red, "I hate you. I hate you so damn much, Myoui Mina."

She growled and continued to attack the bag, each strike getting harder and harder. After one hit, her arm froze, her thoughts stopped and her whole body went to a halt. Chaeyoung retracted her hand slowly, feeling the adrenaline lower.

"You don't even give a damn." Chaeyoung choked on her tears, looking up as she tried to bring them back in, "You don't even feel anything. YOU DON'T!" Chaeyoung shouted, hitting the bag harder, each strike speeding up until she was stopped by a voice.

"You can cry. You know." Sana's voice. It sounded so serious."

Chaeyoung casted her head down, not planning to face Sana at all. She was quiet as she continued to let the elder one speak, "Dahyun told me everything. I'm sorry." Sana sighed, not knowing how to even speak anymore, "I-"

"I'm sorry." Chaeyoung gritted her teeth, looking straight into Sana's eyes. Her own eyes were red and it was obvious she's let tears fall. "I won't be able to keep that deal anymore." Her anger burning through her eyes, and at this moment Sana knew something different.

"I won't protect her anymore." Chaeyoung threw her jacket on the floor, passing Sana as she made her way up the stairs, "Mina's a stranger."

At this moment, Sana knew so well. She sensed the different aura and it even saddened at how much this pain caused Chaeyoung. Sana knew that, now,

Chaeyoung hated Mina.

::

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment! 🐧🐯