[45]

Last Chapter - 44
Mina's tears fell, as she ran towards the short girl. Dahyun smiled, her tears also falling considering she too didn't know that Chaeyoung would make it out alive. Her arm was broken and there were a few bruises but aside from that, she was breathing.

"You're here." Mina cried, hugging Chaeyoung's unconscious body. She placed her ear close to the short girls heart and more tears came when she heard the noise she's always wanted to hear.

Chaeyoung's heart beat.

::Chapter 45::

Her fingers twitched.

Soon after her eyes started to flicker open.

The sore feeling in her arm increased but it wasn't to painful.

Chaeyoung weakly opened her eyes, the bright light make her squint. She slowly looked around and recognized her surroundings as a hospital room. She looked down at her arm, a cast wrapped around it. But she noticed something else.

Someone was sleeping beside her.

Is that-?

Chaeyoung weakly smiled, her fingers tucking a strand of hair behind Mina's ear. She's been crying. Chaeyoung noticed the dried tears down her cheeks but proceeded to ignore it. As the cub was about to run her fingers through Mina's head, the latter started to squirm.

"Ah-" Chaeyoung was cut off when her eyes met with tired ones. Orbs that were exhausted only to go wide. Mina looked into the cubs eyes, and as Chaeyoung was about to speak, arms suddenly wrapped around her.

Mina brought Chaeyoung into a hug and all Chaeyoung could do was return it. Letting Mina have the chance to talk if she wanted to. "Mina?" Her name rolled off of Chaeyoung's tongue perfectly and Mina admired that.

"I thought I was going to lose you." Her voice was shaky and it cracked. Her tears dripped onto Chaeyoung's hospital attire. The hug got tighter and the cub just let Mina have her moment before asking what happened.

Chaeyoung smiled gently, rubbing Mina's back to comfort her, "It's ok, I'm here now." Is all the cub said, feeling Mina's warmth start to take away all the pain. Chaeyoung ignored her wounds, though the hug still made it sting.

"Chaeyoung, I need to te-" Mina let go, wiping away her tears hastily but her sentence was cut off when another voice interrupted.

"Hey Mina, we got some food for yo-" Chaeyoung met eyes with Nayeon, who was holding the plastic bag. Mina hid her face, getting out of the way for the eldest to properly see Chaeyoung.

The cub slowly sat up straight, spreading her arms, "Unnie." Is all she said before a huff escaped her mouth. Nayeon tightly wrapped her arms around the youngest, not bothering if the food in the bag dropped. "Hey, Hey. Stop crying. I'm here-Ouch!"

Chaeyoung winced as she felt a hard slap on her forearm, luckily not the broken one. "What the hell is your problem!" Nayeon shouted, her tears falling. "You could have died! You-why-you're so stupid, you know that?" The eldest scolded, one of her ways of showing affection.

"I needed to bring Sana ba-" Just then Chaeyoung realized, "Wait, where's Sana-"

"I'm right here." A voice interrupted. Mina and Nayeon smiled as they see Sana walking in with Dahyun by her side. The squirrel looked down before slowly walking towards Chaeyoung, hugging her gently. "I'm sorry."
Is all Sana repeated, her voice cracking every so often.

The cub smiled, shaking her head, "No apologizing. Like I said, I'll always be here for you." Chaeyoung chuckled, "And Hey is your heart ok? Yesterday was-"

Nayeon snickered, "You mean a day ago? Both you and Mina were out for that long." The eldest lightly pat the penguins back, most likely to comfort her. All Chaeyoung did was chuckle, rubbing her nape.

"No but seriously, is your heart ok?" Chaeyoung asked looking at Sana. Dahyun smiled, which was filled with joy.

"Yeah, actually she's getting a transplant in a few weeks." Dahyun chirped, which everyone's jaw dropped to. No one knew about this.

Nayeon looked at Dahyun, "Wait really? When did you know about this?"

Dahyun sighed, flicking Sana's forehead before crossing her arms, "Actually I knew about this on the day it happened. On the day Chaeyoung fell into the river. I was about to actually give the news to Sana but all the stuff happened." Everyone groaned at the news, making Chaeyoung laugh.

"Well it was still an interesting experience." Chaeyoung chuckled, getting a light slap from Mina. The cub looked at her, questioning why she did that and all Chaeyoung received from Mina was a pout.

Nayeon noticed and smirked, "Anyways, we should leave."

Chaeyoung's back slumped, "Wait what? Why so soon? Don't you want to-" The cub was cut off when Nayeon approached her ear.

"Looks like someone wants to talk to you. Alone." Nayeon whispered as she subtly gestured towards Mina, which Chaeyoung noticed. The cub chuckled and let her three visitors leave except Mina.

Chaeyoung glanced at Mina, who awkwardly fumbled with her hands, avoiding eye contact. "Chaeyoung!" Mina called and the sudden raise of voice startled the cub. Before the dancer could even add to the name, Chaeyoung interrupted.

"Wait-" Chaeyoung chuckled, standing up with the help of Mina, "-How about we go to the garden? And hey take your time, you look like you're such in a hurry." The cub spoke, stretching out her free arm.

But I want to say it already. I need to tell you Chaeyoung.

As the two made their way towards the garden, Mina watched Chaeyoung who just looked at the flowers as if admiring the plants. With a silent huff, Chaeyoung sat down on a bench, looking at Mina.

"So what did you want to say?" Chaeyoung spoke, giving Mina a warm gaze. Something that made the latter melt. Something that she was glad to see again.

Say it Mina.

Say it.

"Chaeyoung-" Mina took in a sharp breath, "-I lo-" She choked on her spit, her anxious emotion raised as each minute passed by. Her hands started to shake and it seemed as if everything was going south.

The cub looked down at Mina's trembling hands, grabbing onto them hoping it would relax Mina. Which it did, a bit. Chaeyoung looked into the dancers eyes, "Hey, just take your time."

Mina took in a deep breath, closing her eyes and as she was about to say it, Chaeyoung spoke first, "Wait." Is the last thing she heard before she felt something press against her lips. Mina's eyes widened.

Chaeyoung.

kissed her.

Mina didn't waste any time, she tilted her head, making sure that this kiss was filled with genuine feelings rather than their first one. Before it got longer, Chaeyoung was the first one to let go, a satisfied smile on her face.

"I love you too."

Her brown eyes. Chaeyoung's dimples. Mina could only gaze at it before the words registered in her mind. Too? TOO?!
Mina almost fell back thankfully Chaeyoung was there to catch her. "How did you-"

Chaeyoung winked. Mina felt weak to that gesture and decided to surprise the shorter girl with a quick peck on the lips, "My turn." Mina whispered. She felt more confidence enter her body. "I'm sorry I made you wait-" Mina looked into Chaeyoung's eyes.

"I love you, Chaeyoung."

::

NOTE:

Looks like Mina and Chaeyoung's story are slowly coming to an end. I hope you guys are enjoying the story, and like usually I'll see you in the next chapter which could possibly be the last one :(

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this book🐧🐯