Chapter Two

[Chapter Two: Wristbands]

         Until the next month, Aspen thankfully had no more secret encounters with the marauders. Everything went like it normally did—Aspen finally started to stress about the whole year to come all while observing the love of her life; Remus Lupin. Unfortunately during the first Hogsmeade trip of the year, she had, yet again, another encounter with the boys. But still, like last time, they didn't see her. Though they did see her best friend Evelyn, hopefully they didn't suspect anything.

    It all started when Aspen's friends decided they had to go to Hogsmeade. Note they because Aspen did not want to leave her bed at all that day seeing as it was a Saturday. But since Aspen had such good friends, they forced her out of bed. First they decided to get ready as loudly as they could, and when that didn't work to drive Aspen out of bed—they poured ice water on her.

     "Bloody hell!" Aspen screeched, jumping out of her soaked sheets. Evelyn laughed as Aspen tried as much as she could to shake the cold ice water off of her sleepy self.

     "Finally! I thought you'd never get up!" Stated Wendy, sighing in relief as she looked towards her muggle watch. "We have ten minutes, now get up and ready!"

     "I don't want to go!" Whined the soaked clumpy-haired girl. "I just want to sleep, sleep in my warm sheets and dream into the unknown."

     "Well you can't do that, you've gotten your sheets all wet!" Cheekily pointed out Evelyn as she lifted up the water-darkened bedsheets.

     "I have magic! There must be something that'd dry it off!" Aspen said, running for her textbooks, Wendy held her back. Even though the girl was short, she was very strong.

      "If you go for that textbook I will cut your hand off." Her friend warned her, Aspen retracted her hand in fear. Her friend may not fulfill the exact warnings she gives to people, but she sure does do something quite similar and less illegal.

     "What will we even be doing? It's so cold out there I swear I saw the snow shivering!" Exaggerated Aspen, pointing out the window to the snow-covered horizon.

     "We're magic, remember? We can do something to provide warmth." Wendy said going for the textbook which Aspen was previously going for.

      "Can't we just stay in? It's Saturday for Merlin's sake, we should be sleeping and eating, not socializing!" Whined Aspen once more. Wendy threw Aspens textbook onto her bed and grabbed her wand out of her bra.

      Seconds later, Wendy pointed her wand at Aspen without hesitation and mumbled some type of incantation. Hot air blew out her wand hitting Aspen directly in her face, she loved the feeling of the warmth hitting her cold skin. It dried all the water in a matter of seconds. It even fixed her bed head.