Epilogue

[Wristbands : Epilogue]

Two days. It had been two days since anyone had heard Aspen's voice. Two days since Sirius' life shattered into pieces, two days since Wendy lost her best friend and sister. Everyone was a mess, it was like Marlene's death all over again. Except now, they had no Aspen to comfort them. That was one of the things she did best, comforting. Whether it was because a certain someone lost their only sane uncle, or the other lost their favorite hairbrush. She was always there to keep them company, to distract them from the pain, but now she was gone and no one knew what to do.

       Wendy locked herself up, away from her boyfriend and away from her family. She only came out to use the bathroom, she didn't even eat. Remus tried to help her, whether it was sleeping outside their bedroom door or allowing her to yell at him whenever he attempted to get in. He just wanted her to show emotion, and he wanted to distract himself from what had happened. Lily was upset like how she was with Marlene. Though, this time, even more scarred as she had seen the body. James stayed with her, also a mess as he and his girlfriend would cry into each other. Peter was never seen, they didn't even know if he knew Aspen was dead. Then again, it was exploited in the Daily Prophet. Almost everyone knew. She would've hated the attention.

      Sirius' process of grief was the most surprising. He was constantly moving, Cassie was with him almost every moment of the day. He was always trying to make her laugh, he'd turn into a dog (which he couldn't do around Aspen due to her unrelenting allergies) just to hear Cassie's giggles. He would keep her arm wrapped up so neither of them had to remember what had happened the Christmas of 1978. He didn't sleep, he didn't eat, but he also didn't cry. He sang, cleaned, cooked, entertained, he did everything except grieve. Remus was worried for his friend, as was James. Sirius always reassured them that he was fine, that they shouldn't worry for him. James even called for reinforcements, their parents.

      They came during the night, as that was the time they were called. It was December twenty-seventh, around ten o'clock. It was dark out, the only ones awake were James, Sirius, Cassie, and Remus. Remus was sitting outside the door of his own bedroom waiting for his girlfriend to fall asleep before he could go in and sleep on the carpeted floor. Though, all he could hear was crying, that was all he heard since he came back from showering four hours before. James was in his room hugging Lily as she slept. He stared at the ceiling, hoping that when he fell asleep he wouldn't wake up out of breath. That he wouldn't have the same nightmare as the night before, watching his girlfriend fall to the floor and writhe in pain.

      Sirius was sitting on the table across from the living room couch, Cassie was sitting up on the sofa. He kept showing her photos of celebrity muggles, pointing to their hair to see if she would change it. The girl did nothing but giggle as Sirius kept urging her, keeping her hair black and wavy, identical to her mothers. A knock caused him to jump, he quickly stood up and placed Cassie at the corner of the couch, lightly placing a pillow on top of her. He grabbed his wand and went to the door. He quickly lowered it with a smile as he found Euphemia and Fleamont Potter, he let them in and they warily walked in, surprised by his cheery behavior.