Chapter Forty-One

[Wristbands: Chapter Forty-One]

      "I wonder when I'll be allowed on more order missions," Marlene wondered as she, Lily, and Wendy walked down the hall.

     Lily looked at her friend, "I've already been on one, it's not all that fun Marls—enjoy the missionless life."

      "It can't be that bad." Marlene said, "You guys go out and fight the bad guys, that sounds fun! Especially with all the adrenaline you get while fighting, adrenaline was the main reason why I wanted to be an Auror—I'm proud to say I'm an adrenaline junkie."

      "Well, you sure do get adrenaline on missions," Lily said, remembering the mission she went on only a few weeks before. "You get it a lot while waiting to be told to attack. Or even waiting to see if they'll get you first. You get it when you're fighting, you get it while injured, and you get it when you see the person you love get injured."

       "Lils, James is okay," Aspen said, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. It was three weeks after the Quidditch match, however, a week after it, the two Gryffindors were asked to go on their first order mission. (They first one being cancelled as they were being transported from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade.) Apparently, there was a death eater threat attack at Hogsmeade—the two had to go there undercover as if they were on a date.

       Somehow, someway, the death eaters knew that. The café that the two sat in was attacked, the roof caved in which landed directly on James' abdomen, he was stabbed by it and couldn't move as he was pinned down in pain. Lily was able to fight them off, for both she and her boyfriend. James had to go to St. Mugos for two days as his wounds healed—Sirius and Lily stayed with him ,leaving Aspen all alone. Aspen didn't mind, she was just happy the messy-haired boy was okay.

      She also didn't mind it because she herself was in excruciating pain, she had cramps worse than she had ever gotten before. She went to Madam Pomfrey and even the medic became frightened, she feared that Aspen was having a miscarriage but it turned out it was just normal pregnancy cramps. When she learned that, Aspen felt the most thankful she had ever felt in her life. Although, she couldn't understand why.

       "I know he is," Lily said, looking at the ground. "It's just . . . I didn't really expect it to be that bad. They wanted to kill us, Aspen, James and I almost died. James really did almost die. I didn't realize how unsafe we were, now death eaters know who we are and what we look like. Professor Dumbledore thinks that we're targets now."

       "Bullshite," Marlene scoffed, "You guys have no reason to be killed or even targeted! They only went in for the kill at Hogsmeade because you two could've ruined their plans. You guys now have no reason to be killed . . unless you go on another mission."