Chapter Sixty

[Wristbands: Chapter Sixty]

          "Sirius!" Aspen called as she threw a box of clothes onto the couch. The whole house was a mess, boxes were everywhere and things were being magically whipped from place to place. Cassie laid on a jumble of blankets, laughing as Wendy played peek-a-boo with the little girl. Cassie's hair would change from black, like her mothers, to brown like Wendy's. It surprised Aspen at how much control the little one already had, then she would remember that the colors only changed because she was excited. "Sirius!" Aspen called again, this time louder. Upstairs laughter could be heard, next a large continuous boom as a chair was thrown down the stairs. "Bloody hell!"

        "I told them not to do it," Remus sighed as he walked down the stairs, rubbing his temples. "I told them not to do it and guess what? They did it."

         "Not a surprise," Aspen sighed. Next thing that could be heard was Cassie crying. Aspen quickly ran over to her baby and cradled her in her arms. Sirius and James both came down laughing but once Sirius heard the crying baby, he froze. He knew he did something wrong. Aspen stomped up to the boy, "I will yell at you later, now, take her and feed her a bottle. I'm going to go to the corner store, we're in need of more tape. Can't have the boxes break open as we carry them to the bloody car."

        "Can't you just use magic to lift them?" James asked, completely oblivious. Aspen passed off the crying baby to Sirius, and turned to James with a wide, but dangerous smile.

      "Oh yes, what a smart idea, James!" Aspen said, sarcasm laced greatly in her voice. "Let's have all the muggles see our flying boxes float over to the car. They wouldn't question a thing, would they?"

       "Right, right," James said, his face scrunching up as Aspen yelled at him. "soooooorry."

      "No, I'm sorry." Aspen apologized, wiping her face with her hand. "I'm bloody stressed and all you lot are playing around, besides you, Wendy, you're doing great."

      "Of course I am," Wendy said as she finished folding up the blankets Cassie was laying on. "don't worry, Penny, I'll scold the boys. You go to the shop, bring back Oreos with the tape please—I'm starving."

         "Alright," Aspen said, gathering
up her purse and giving her baby a kiss on the forehead. She then looked up at Sirius with an annoyed look before kissing him on the cheek. "Have fun feeding her, I'm pretty sure she has a bit of a tummy-ache, you should change her diaper afterward."

        "Thanks," Sirius said, Aspen smiled and gave him a thumbs up as she left. Quickly, Sirius tried to hand the baby over to Remus, but Remus quickly ran behind Wendy someone who Sirius was intimidated by. So instead, he took his duty and fed the little monster to which the monster replied with a full diaper and some vomit.

        It felt to be nearly boiling out as Aspen walked to the corner store in sweatpants and a t-shirt. Muggle children were playing outside in their bathing suits, being soaked with water guns and sprinklers. Aspen almost ran over to a sprinkler to wash herself down before she realized how dramatic she was being. The store was only a block away, she could easily walk there and become refreshed by the air conditioning.

      As she walked, she couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. A second later, she could hear her name being whispered. As if the wind had spoken. She looked around, and when she saw nothing, she shook her head and continued walking. She nearly jumped into a new dimension when a ball went flying past her face into the street beside her. She looked over to the culprits, and saw two little girls covering their mouths as they tried to conceal their laughter from a little boy with wide eyes.

       Aspen smiled, reassuring the boy she wasn't angry, after all, she knew how stressed he felt from a tiny mistake. She bent down to retrieve it from under a bright red car, on the sidewalk on the other side of the car,she saw two feet which nearly made her jump up and smack her head on the vehicle. But quickly, those two feet vanished as a loud snap was heard. Someone had apparated away, meaning that there was a witch or wizard there who was frightened away from Aspens presence. Aspen tried playing it off coolly, not wanting to frighten the children if they had saw anything.

     Aspen quickly got the ball and kicked it over to the kids, they thanked her and she quickly sped to the store where she bought the tape and some Oreos. She also bought herself some pepper spray in case she needed it on her way back. Though, would she need it? Were death eaters so sadistic that they'd attack her in front of muggle children?

       As she walked home, she began to realize how paranoid she was being. Maybe it was just a normal witch or wizard and they didn't even know she was there. It's possible for a magical families to live in between muggles, take the Potters for example. Once home she quickly ran in, locking the door while at it. Wendy who sat on the couch quickly got up and ran to her for her Oreos.

       "Bloody hell Aspen, why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?!" Wendy asked as she opened up the packet. Aspen quickly put the tape on a box and went over to the table where her wand laid. She really needed to fix her habit of forgetting her wand.

      "Stay calm, Wendy, as I say this," Aspen said, sitting the girl on the couch. "but I'm about ninety-five percent sure that I was being followed on my way to the shop."

       "You what?" Screeched the girl, standing up. Aspen quickly shushed her as she looked around.

      "Quiet down banshee, I don't want any of the boys knowing. Especially Sirius."

      "Why don't you want Sirius to know that you were being bloody followed?" Wendy asked in an angry whisper. Waving her hand around, along with the Oreo in it. 

       "Because I'm not entirely sure," Aspen said, grabbing the tape again and taping some boxes closed. "I don't want to embarrass myself and make myself look all paranoid. I'm just going to pack, and hopefully, we'll be out of this neighborhood into our new flat by tomorrow."

        "I really think you should tell him, Pen," Wendy said, helping Aspen with the boxes.

       "Well I'm n—heyyyy, sweetie!" Aspen greeted happily, cutting herself off as James entered the room with Cassie. The little girls hair turned black in excitement upon seeing her mother. Aspen quickly took Cassie and James frowned.

     "Awe, I thought you were greeting me."

      "You wish," Aspen snorted, cradling Cassie.

      "You hurt my heart, Penny," James teased dramatically, clutching his chest.

         "Awesome, now go pick up your girlfriend from the furniture shop. Maybe she can fix it." Aspen said, rolling her eyes and pushing James to the door.

      "Good idea," He responded, leaving giddily.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Sorry for writing such a short chapter, I just wanted to post something so I can say; THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K READS ON THIS STORY, IT'S HONESTLY AMAZINNG. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS STORY WOULD BE SO SUCCESSFUL, IT WAS JUST MADE IN THE MOMENT AND THEN BOOM LOOK HOW MUCH IT GREW! THANK YOU!!

December 5, 2018
1,288 words