Chapter Eight

[Chapter Eight: Wristbands]

"Spin the bottle?" Asked Lily, a crack in her voice clearly stating she does not want any part of this game. Just like Aspen.

"Yes indeed, Lily-flower!" James enthusiastically confirmed. "You're going to play, right?"

"I-I don't know—" She started, attempting to get up but her best friend Marlene pulled her down.

"Yes, she's playing!" Grinned the blonde-haired spitfire.

Aspen wanted to speak up, stating she didn't want to play, but couldn't build up the courage to do so. This was something teenagers her age do all the time, right? Maybe she should just try it, plus she was still a mouth-virgin so maybe that could change tonight! She'll just have to believe in herself that her breath didn't smell of dragon farts.

"Great!" Exclaimed Sirius, then standing up and walking over to a group of Gryffindors who were drinking smuggled fire whiskey. He snatched a bottle from a blonde haired boy.

"Oi!" Yelled the boy, angry at whoever took their bottle. "Give it back!"

"Either you willingly give it to me, or I'll go tell my friends that you're drinking smuggled alcohol, underaged." Sirius threatened.

"Why would we care if you told your friends?" Bravely asked a girl, her other friends silently begged her to shut up. Sirius smirked, turned, and pointed at both Lily and James. James' face wore a smirk as he creepily waved to the group, while Lily had her eyebrow raised as she shook her head, acting as if she was disappointed. Those children were only about thirteen years old.

"Oh," Gulped the girl. "You can, erm have it." She swiftly offered, handing Sirius the half-empty bottle. Sirius nodded in 'thank' and walked back to his friends, sitting back beside Aspen—a shiver went up her spine. One, she hated being so close to strangers, two; it was freezing in that damned common room.

Without warning, Sirius brought the bottle to his mouth and began chugging. Aspen watched in horror, imagining his liver sizzling as the harmful substance entered his system. James was grinning like a maniac, both amused and proud by his friend's alcohol tolerance. Remus was shaking his head in disappointment. Lily and Wendy wore expressions of concern, Marlene and Evelyn watched the boy in admiration.

Sirius Blacks got quite a crowd.

"Well, now that we're all set up, who wants to go first?" Sirius asked, breathing deeply once he finished the bottle. It was now placed on the middle of the table.

"I'll go first!" Volunteered Evelyn, everyone allowed her space so she could spin the bottle. She mentally begged for it to land on Sirius, but instead, it landed on Marlene god damn McKinnon. "Can't I go again?" Evelyn asked, desperation in her voice. She didn't want to embarrass herself in everyone kissing by kissing a girl. Someone must be playing a joke on her.