Chapter Seventy-Four

[Wristbands : Chapter Seventy-Four]

It was supposed to be a normal day, or however normal Christmas Eve was normally. They were all going to celebrate together as friends and lovers, open gifts, and be happy. It was all going so smoothly until they heard a loud crash. Sirius stood up on the steps, looking around in the darkness before looking at Remus who shrugged. "Aspen?" Sirius called out, he heard no response. He looked back at his friend once more, Remus' eyebrows were scrunched as he was tilting his head slightly like a dog, like a wolf.

Wendy looked at her boyfriend, "Remus, what is it?" Remus broke out of his trance and looked at his girlfriend before pulling out his wand.

"Something's wrong," He said, next thing they all knew, he was running towards where they heard the crash. Sirius quickly followed, changing into a dog so he could catch up with his friend. They turned a corner to find the entire street consumed by darkness, all the streetlights were shattered. On the sidewalk was a black motorcycle, a blanket inside its basket. Cassie's blanket.

Sirius stressfully wiped a hand through his hair, he casted Lumos, and looked around the surrounding area. He found nothing but the motorcycle and blanket. He called out for Aspen, for Cassie, but got nothing but silence. Wendy caught up to them and gasped, "Oh my god! Is this—"

"My gift," Sirius choked out, "she got me a motorcycle, and all while doing so she and Cassie got taken." Wendy gasped as she conjured a patronus, a swan, she then sent a message for the order. Remus investigated the area as Sirius was crouched down, holding Cassie's soft white blanket in his hand. He always loved action, but now that said action involved his girlfriend and daughter, he didn't know what to do. He wanted to cry, to scream, to fight, to kill, he wanted his family back.

"Hey Pads," Remus called out, Sirius looked over to see his friend crouched down looking at something. Sirius stood up and walked over, as did Wendy. They found something that caused Wendy to loudly gasp, a puddle of blood staining the white cement. Sirius could feel his eyes watering up, Remus stood and embraced his friend in a hug. "Someone took her, meaning she is still alive, okay? And so is Cassie, I know it. We need to stay composed and figure this out, Dumbledore is coming now, you just gotta stay with us, okay, Pads?" Sirius looked down to his feet and nodded.

As they waited for the order to arrive, Sirius sent a patronus for James and Lily. Everyone arrived at the same time, bombarding the three with questions. Dumbledore arrived with four people; Alice Fortescue, Frank Longbottom, Alastor Moody, and Benjy Fenwick—an old classmate of theirs. James and Lily were also there, wearing robes over their summer-like clothing. James immediately went to comfort Sirius as Lily went to Wendy. Remus was alone as he spoke to Dumbledore, he happened to be the most composed out of everyone there.