Chapter Twenty-Six

[Chapter Twenty-Six: Wristbands]

      She heard something shatter the night before, she should've gone to see what had happened. Instead, she rolled over and continued her sleep—she was exhausted. That morning when Pomfrey woke up she almost didn't go to work, she'd rather sleep in. But taking off work at where she currently lived; at Hogwarts, was impossible. Either Professors or students were knocking at her doors, so instead—she sucked it up and went to bloody work.

It was around four in the morning when she entered the hospital wing. It was still dark outside, thankfully, meaning students were still sleeping and she still had some time to relax before the hoards came in. She only had one student stay the night; Aspen Lee. For some reason, the girls curtains were closed— Pomfrey normally kept the curtains open at night in case there was an emergency. Of course, students always closed them wanting their privacy—she understood that, but it was a rule made by Dumbledore to keep hospital wing curtains open. Sometimes she wondered why they even had curtains if they couldn't even use them.

She grumbled as she walked over to the curtain-closed bed—she was not in the mood. To make her mood even better, she stepped on a piece of glass, where did this come from? She cleaned every part of the hospital wing whenever she could, maybe she did hear something shatter last night? Merlin, it wasn't a dream! Broken glass near a secluded student's bed?

That doesn't sound good!

Madam Pomfrey quickly stepped around the glass, opening the curtains with a flick of her wand to find Aspen Lee sleeping peacefully on the bed. Pomfrey quickly checked her arms, not finding anything new which made her sigh. There was no blood on the blankets either, which was a good sign.

She almost missed him, she would have if she hadn't felt the need to take a full look around Aspens small area. She groaned softly to herself when she saw one of the students she despised most, Sirius Black, sleeping on the chair beside the bed. Her first thought was to kick the boy awake, what did he do last night? What did they do? Did Aspen even know the boy was here sleeping in the chair beside her? Did he, one of the notorious Marauders, set her up for one of their shenanigans? But instead of kicking him she couldn't help but look at his peaceful expression.

He didn't look like he normally did, he normally wore an evil smirk wherever he went. He always tried to impress the people around him, even the professors. He constantly looked on edge, as if something was going to be taken from him, of course, Madam Pomfrey never thought too much into that. There were too many students in the school with horrible lives—if she were to dwell into each and every one of them she'd have no life herself.

Not like she had much of one anyway.

Plus, it was only four in the morning, she didn't leave until eleven at night meaning he must have had barely any sleep as he had to wait for her to leave to sneak in here. There was also a lot of proof that they ate, Madam Pomfrey could tell that by the crumbs everywhere she looked. Plus, on the floor, there were a bunch of empty plates with forks and knives.