Chapter Six

[Chapter Six: Wristbands]

As time ticked by, the scenery at Hogwarts grew darker and darker. The cold weather swept through the area and the trees began to die, along with the luscious-green hills. Even the Quidditch Pitch began to look dreadful, over all . . . Hogwarts started to become depressing. Although, the upcoming holiday seemed to keep everyone in their spirits.

Halloween was coming.

Every year, it was a tradition in Hogwarts to celebrate Halloween—like how the muggles did. It was ironic as most muggles would dress up as their favorite monsters; witches and werewolves included. Some witches and wizards would come out of hiding and show themselves and present their tricks to muggles, without permission of course, just for the fun of it. After all, it was Halloween. They were only fulfilling their costume limitations.

Halloween was also a time of mischief for those in Voldemort's regime, they'd attack unsuspecting muggles and cause many disasters that the Ministry would need to indiscreetly clean up. Though, in Hogwarts, the only destruction was from a certain group of boys. The Marauders, they had to be the number one fans of Halloween. It was the day where they could spread horror without an explanation other than 'it's bloody Halloween!' So when Halloween came every year, the Marauders took that as their queue to wreak havoc—as well as Peeves, the school's poltergeist. But so far, that Halloween there hadn't been any grand Marauder prank yet. That left the Hogwarts school population on edge. Especially Filch and the Slytherins. Yes, the Marauders pranked everyone on Halloween but they seemed to target them the most. Mainly because Filch's number one goal was to get them expelled for their treacheries and the Slytherins were just evil, every single one of them candidates for Voldemort's army.

Although, it was only the afternoon. Meaning, the Marauders still had time to pull off their final Hogwarts Halloween prank before they graduated. Currently, Aspen is on her free period. She decided to go to the girls bathroom and pay a visit to her ghostly friend.

Also known as Moaning Myrtle.

"Ah, I thought you abandoned me!" Myrtle yelled at her friend while the black-haired girl strolled in. She swooped in front of Aspen's face, hoping to make her flinch. But Aspen was used to it, literally, every time the girl came she was met with the same greeting. Thoughts of abandonment and ghost swooping, she could only wonder how Myrtle would react when Aspen no longer came to Hogwarts—she was graduating by the end of the school year.

"Myrtle, like I've said a thousand times, I will never abandon you." Told Aspen, walking over to the mirror to check her makeup.

She was crying earlier that day, leaving black eyeliner to drip down her cheeks. She tried getting most off in her dorm toilet but it seemed to not work, blasted witch make up. That morning she received news she had been expecting since her fifth year. Her father no longer cared for her. He had sent her letter via owl, the one she sent to him with a letter asking if she should come home that holiday. In return, she received a letter stating to not come back hom —ever.