Chapter Forty-Two

[Wristbands: Chapter Forty-Two]

     "I can't believe Mr. Filch gave us all detention in the same place," Sirius said as they got ready for their early morning detention. He was in his pajamas; flannel pants, and a black hoodie as he searched for normal day-clothes to wear. Aspen was already ready due to waking up the hour before with morning sickness. "It's like he doesn't know who we are."

      "Maybe he has something planned," Aspen suggested, her voice croaking. All she wanted to do was go back to bed, but no, she was given detention for sighing. Her first detention. "He seemed very happy to give us all detention. I didn't even do anything, I only breathed and then boom . . I have detention today."

        "He's an arsehole, has been since I first laid eyes on him," Sirius stated as he pulled off his hoodie, replacing it with a black t-shirt. "I wonder what kind of stuff he went through to make him that way."

       "Who says he went through anything?" Aspen asked as she ate a bag of crisps, "Maybe he was born a grouch, it happens to sociopaths. According to some muggle psychology books, I've read people with sociopath tendencies are quiet as babies never smiled or did any normal baby things. They'd rather cause pain to humans and animals, there was this one serial sociopath killer who liked to shove cats into—"

      "Okay, that's enough," Sirius said, holding his hands up. "Your interest in sociopaths concerns me. Especially when you love talking about them while . . pregnant."

       "They're interesting," Aspen mumbled, looking down at her stomach and rubbing it. "Plus, I had to learn a bunch about them when I wanted to become an Auror. It was mandatory to know both muggle and magical crimes as well as criminalistic tendencies."

       "Was it really mandatory or did you make yourself learn cause you were overthinking?" Sirius asked, sitting beside her on the bed as he had finished undressing. They were in the dorm, Aspens dorm. Wendy had stayed with Remus that night.

      "I'm not going to answer that," She said with a light blush. He smiled, leaning in for a kiss but she shoved a crisp in his mouth. "Brush your teeth first, you have morning breath."

      "I do not!" He frowned, growing offended. He then checked himself and his face scrunched up, "Okay, fine, I do. I'll be back, though."

      "Wasn't expecting anything different,"Aspen sighed. While Sirius was brushing his teeth in the bathroom, she stood up and placed on the black hoodie he worn to sleep. January had to be the coldest month in Hogwarts, the hills were covered in snow by the meter and every breath crystallized when someone went outdoors.

      "Okay, can I have a kiss now?" Sirius asked, leaving the bathroom. Aspen held up a finger, she walked up to him and smelled his breath. The smell of mint entered her nostrils as she smiled and kissed him on the lips. She quickly stopped the kiss and started towards the door, he frowned as she sighed. "Time for detention." He groaned and followed her. "