Chapter Nine

[Chapter Nine: Wristbands]

 Ever since the kiss shared between both Aspen and Sirius, things had been very awkward between the two. Although they hadn't been seen together since a few days before, both of their friend groups could feel the awkwardness when they were in the same room. Mostly because ever since the kiss, both Aspen and Sirius have been either jumpy or moody. Whenever someone was around Aspen, they'd have a wand pointed at their throat in seconds due to her jumpiness—she'd end up having a near-breakdown due to embarrassing herself. Then when someone was around Sirius, it'd take only moments before he'd snap at the person.

The same situation was also happening between Marlene and Evelyn. Evelyn was feeling a mixture of confusion, jumpiness, and anger. She was also confused, why did she enjoy that kiss so much? Was her mind replacing Marlene with Sirius or something? Did she actually enjoy kissing Marlene? Due to all the questions running through her mind she had been jumpy, most likely due to her lack of concentration on things—she nearly even smacked Wendy.

Lastly, she was angry all because of one reason, more like, one person.

Aspen Lee.

Whenever she saw Aspen her mind would be clouded by anger and the memory of her making out with Sirius Black. How could she have done that? It didn't even look as if Sirius minded kissing Aspen, he seemed excited too. That left a single question to constantly ponder in Evelyn's mind; did Aspen use her love potion she bought from Zonko's?

Marlene only felt happy, she spent whatever free time she had talking to the girl she kissed. Marlene knew of her sexuality ever since third year when an older girl who already graduated Hogwarts kissed her. Marlene McKinnon was bisexual, and she didn't care one bit about how people thought of her. She didn't didn't try to hide her growing feelings towards Gryffindors infamous Evelyn Reid.

Aspen didn't notice any of her friend's dilemmas as she was only focusing on hers. She didn't want to admit it out loud, but Aspen's crush on Remus had officially died. Yes, the boy was still good looking in her eyes—but that was only it. She'd rather be friends with the boy than anything grander like how she used to want before seventh year. Now all she could think about was the boy she kissed a few nights before; Sirius Black. If she were studying, he immediately clouded her mind. If she were eating, he would immediately cloud her mind. If she were sleeping, he would immediately cloud her dreams. If she were doing anything, he'd always cloud her subconscious. Great, she was now one of the pathetic Hogwarts girls who pined over the notorious womanizer.

This crush didn't only frighten Aspen, but it made her more depressed. She was depressed because she knew the boy that she had fallen for will never fall for her back. It was only a game they were playing, so the kiss between the two was only a one time thing. He's never had feelings for someone, yes he did enjoy rendezvousing with the Hogwarts female population but he never actually fell for them.