Chapter Seventy-One

[Wristbands: Chapter Seventy-One]

           With only seven hours until Christmas, Aspen sat in the middle of her bedroom surrounded with wrapping equipment. She had specific piles for certain people when she first started, but now it was just one whole pile as she just threw the gifts to one area. She even mistakenly threw a set of teacups she bought for Lily. She had to open the gift, fix them with her magic, and then rewrap it. Sirius was out in the living room with Cassie, most likely laying on the couch watching tv as the little girl gummed on a bunch of puffed treats. Lily and James had gone out an hour before, they wanted to spend the entire Christmas Eve holiday together as the next day Lily would be at home with her family while James would be at home with his.

       For all Aspen knew was that she'd be going to the Potters for Christmas with Sirius and James. After all, no one from her side of the family invited her anywhere. Not that she wanted to go to any of her families parties, anyway. She only had one good family member and that was her aunt who she lost contact with in seventh year. Aspen was covered in tape and ribbon, it looked like she just re-enacted her first arts and craft project in preschool. Her hair was a mess and her face was pale from not eating, right after she woke up was when she began wrapping and it had already been six or so hours.

      She smiled happily once she tied the last ribbon, she stood up causing things she didn't even realize were on her to fall off and clatter onto the floor. She didn't feel like cleaning up yet so she just grabbed her wand and made the gifts fly ahead of her as she walked down the hall. At times like this she was thankful to be a witch. She didn't know how muggles lived everyday without magic to help themselves do things. That's most likely the reason why her muggle dad got rid of her after her mum was killed. He couldn't bare watching her wash the dishes without touching the grimy plates.

As Aspen appeared in the hallway, her daughter let out a little squeal at the sight of floating gifts. Aspen smiled and placed the gifts in front of the tree. Cassie tried her hardest to get to them but she seemed to have forgotten she was in a high-chair. Plus, she couldn't crawl or walk. "Is that all of them?" Sirius asked, laying on the couch and looking over at her as he ate some of Cassie's blueberry puffs.

"Yep!" Aspen said, popping the 'p' and sitting beside him. She then placed her hand in the puffs baggy and grabbed herself a handful, "I wrapped all of mine? at least, you still need to do yours."

"Whaaaaat?" Sirius whined, "ughhh, can't you do them?"

"I could," Aspen said, popping a puff into her mouth. "But I'm not. Between now and four I am going to watch a movie. Then I'm going to shower and get ready for friends Christmas tonight."

"And while you're relaxing I'm going to be suffering through cuts and bruises as I wrap gifts you could've easily wrapped." Sirius grumbled, standing up and stretching.