Chapter Seventeen

tw; mentions of sexual assault / rape.

tw; mentions of sexual assault / rape

[Chapter Seventeen: Wristbands]

Evelyn was a pissant, a stone-hearted over dramatic, lying pissant. Aspen wasn't one for insults, especially not against her friends. But if you looked up the definition of 'pissant' in the Oxford Dictionary, you'd find a muggle school photo of Evelyn Reid smiling back at you.

Why exactly was Evelyn a pissant? She was a pissant because she violated Aspen's privacy. She violated both Sirius' and Aspen's privacy. She practically ruined Aspen's reputation with the horrible, untrue, things she shared about the pair.

"You should've seen her! She was basically forcing herself on top of Sirius Black!"

"He looked absolutely disgusted being with her. Honestly, I thought he was going to vomit."

"She didn't only violate him, but she also ruined his things! Spilled ink on his clothing making him need to remove it! I reckon she did it on purpose, such a slut . . ."

"I told people she wasn't the shy sweet girl she always portrayed, she's a freak and a pervert. To hell with her!"

Why was she saying these things? Aspen before . . . well, not since Aspen and Sirius kissed. Was it not mentioned yet how Evelyn saw the whole affectionate interaction between both Sirius and Aspen before they left to the room of requirements? Instead of showing herself or just simply leaving, she watched them after witnessing their small mishap. She watched as Sirius kissed the girl, she watched as Aspen kissed the boy back. She watched as they laughed together, she watched everything.

Everything she watched only angered her. She couldn't believe what Aspen did. She was brainwashing him! How could he not see it? Aspen wasn't even his type, he was into more outgoing girls. According to his track record, of course. So what did Evelyn do? What did she do besides telling her best friend how she felt? She told rumors about what happened. She exaggerated everything that happened, no one would believe that Aspen brainwashed the boy. But people did notice their recent interactions—so the entire rape scenario was believable, according to Evelyn.

But Aspen did not rape him. Nor did he rape her. Evelyn only saw what happened outside of the Room of Requirements. Deliberately showing affection towards each other was not rape. To make matters even worse, people continued to make more rumors. That Aspen was a monster, she was a sociopath, that she was pregnant. Which was entirely impossible seeing as she was still a virgin.

Was it really that hard to grasp the concept that the two half-naked lust-filled teenagers didn't have sex after going into a magical room filled with music and fluffy couches? Possibly. But they didn't have sex, instead, they played very intense card games while eating snacks.

Yes, there was a lot of intense sexual tension between the two, but they didn't fulfill their wants because they just wanted to win monopoly. Sirius didn't even stare at Aspen's figure, she was only wearing a skirt and bra which would've made most boys stare. But instead, he was getting angry when she kept winning the game.