Chapter Seven

[Chapter Seven: Wristbands]

         Aspen almost forgot it was Halloween, once she finished her classes for that day she was reminded again of an enchanted bat almost flying directly into her face. A lot of students laughed, but she only blushed while holding back a grin. Not even her social anxiety could fight with it, that was hilarious. Halloween just made Aspen have an overall good mood, plus she was usually very lucky on Halloween. Except this one a bit, of course. In first year, the day of Halloween was when she discovered her love for wizarding candy. Second year, she managed to complete her first split, which was a very great accomplishment for her seeing as she and her mother used to always train in gymnastics. In third year, she got a very encouraging compliment from her Transfiguration Professor saying that she'd be a great Auror, which obviously stuck with her. Fourth year she met Moaning Myrtle which began a grand partnership. In fifth year, she fell into a beautiful and soothing trance while she stood on the edge of the Astronomy Tower— watching the sunset over the horizon.

A strong breeze pushed her down, saving her life.

In sixth year she officially learned silent magic, and now it was seventh year, her last year at Hogwarts, she could only wonder what great thing was going to happen to her that day.

"I can't believe he made us switch seats!" Wendy whined. "So many times I wanted to turn and talk to you Penny but only found that blonde girl who seemed inclined to ignore me."

"It's not like I would've said much if you talked to me, Wend." Aspen said, trying to make her friend's mood brighten.

"Still, it would've been nice to say something to you and have you listen." Continued Wendy, while she and Aspen were conversing, Evelyn was giving Aspen a side-eyed glare. Aspen felt it, but she wasn't sure if she should ask.

"At least you didn't sit beside Snivellus." Hissed Evelyn to Wendy, joining the conversation. "He smelled as bad as I thought he would."

"Snivellus?" Aspen pondered. She heard that name before, but she never really understood who or what it meant.

"Yeah, Snivellus," Spat Evelyn. Aspen jumped back at the sudden hostility from her friend, though she didn't comment on it. Wendy sure did though.

"It's erm . . ." Started Wendy in explanation, "A nickname of sorts that the Marauders created and, well, a lot more people use to describe Severus Snape. Cause he always sounds like he's got a stuffy nose."

"That's so mean!"

"I guess it is," Wendy said, looking at her feet with a blush. Has she used the nickname before? "But sometimes he deserves to be called that, he once called Lily Evans the 'm' word."