Chapter Thirty-Nine

[Chapter Thirty-Nine: Wristbands]

  It was the day of the first Quidditch match of 1978. Everyone was in a panic, even the houses who weren't playing that day. The days match was Gryffindor vs. Slytherin, enemy against enemy. James was going nuts, he was practically on the verge of a mental breakdown as he wouldn't stop pacing back and forth in the great hall.

"Prongs, you'll be fiiine," Sirius reassured, "You're the best quidditch player Hogwarts has had since who knows when! You'll be an even better coach if you stop bloody worrying."

"Padfoot, you don't get it," James stated as he ran his hand through his messy hair. "If we don't win this year, my last year, I will never be the normal James Potter again. I'll go into a great depression and become a shell of the man you once knew. Everyone will leave me, my parents . . you guys. Oh Merlin, why did I ever try out for Quidditch? Why didn't you stop me, Padfoot?"

"James, calm down!" Sirius yelled, using his best friends first name. James stopped pacing and looked at his friend with wide eyes, everyone did. "You're going to be fine! You're the best out there, and little nerves can't stop that! Even if we lose this year, which we won't, no one would ever leave you! Now stop being an idiot and eat your bloody toast so you don't throw up on the field and embarrass yourself in front of Lily!"

After a few seconds of shock, James nodded his head, much to Aspen's amusement. He quickly sat down beside them and started nibbling his toast, Lily rolled her eyes and began to rub his back comfortingly. Aspen leaned into Sirius and whispered, "I didn't know you were such a motivational speaker. Plan on becoming the next Dumbledore?"

"I think I could rock a long white beard and some oversized 1930s robes, don't you?" Sirius joked, scooping eggs into his mouth. Aspen tried to imagine her boyfriend like that, but could only imagine Dumbledore merely a little shorter, a little younger, and with black hair on the top of his head instead of white. She shook her head 'no' and Sirius gasped in offense.

"Bloody hell Padfoot, you've already asked us that and got the same response." Remus groaned from across the table. Wendy was writing something down as Remus spoke, leaving him bored and in need of a conversation. "You would never look as good as Dumbledore. No matter how conceited you are."

"When has he ever asked this before?" Aspen asked with amusement, sitting up. As she sat up, her growing belly hit the table which caused her to yelp.

"Oh my god, did you just kill the baby?!" Sirius whispered in a panic, placing his hand on her stomach. Aspens face contorted from pain to disbelief as she sat up straighter and looked at her boyfriend. After realizing she was looking at him, he looked up from her stomach to her face. She raised her eyebrows and he placed his hands up in defense. "Hey, I'm eighteen and a male—I don't know how this whole pregnancy stuff works." He whispered, their friends watching them in amusement as they bickered. "But really, did you just kill it?"