Chapter Fifty-Six

[Wristbands: Chapter Fifty-Six]

         A whole week passed since the entire encounter with Regulus Black and Aspen, and still they were the only two who knew about the encounter they had—Sirius didn't even know. Cassie was getting along fine, so was Aspen. There was a small mishap with a stitch being ripped after a very intense stretch, but other than that, all was well. That day, they were going back to the Potters.

Aspen didn't want to go, she loved the Potters, but like their son, they're one energetic bunch. During their stay at the hospital, Effie taught Aspen how to sew, how to read ancient runic poems, and how to paint. Aspen didn't want to learn any of that, not at all whatsoever. She was a new mother for Merlin's sake, though, she was too nice to say or do anything about it. So while Aspen was sleep deprived from her newborn baby, she was also poking her fingers with sewing needles and getting migraines worse than birth—despite getting a c-section.

Sirius wasn't around much at night, instead, he was out drinking with the boys. During the day, when he was there, he was very hungover. Aspen had him watch Cassie as she was forced through lovely torture with Effie. After all, it was his fault if he felt sick in any way. He was a new father, he shouldn't be drinking. He should be suffering through sleep deprivation, like Aspen, his girlfriend.

Aspen, at that moment, was packing her bag, the hospital room was a mess from all the visitors. She wore grey sweatpants and a baby blue hoodie, she was barefooted as she walked around the room picking up clothes. The floor was freezing, but she didn't really mind as she was practically falling asleep while standing. Sirius laid in her bed with Cassie sleeping on his chest. Unfortunately, Cassie was not a deep sleeper. The slightest move caused the baby to scream. If she weren't a metamorphmagus, Aspen would've mistaken her for a banshee.

She's heard stories from her aunts about how exhausting it was to be a new mother, she believed them. She knew she was going to be tired, but that amount of exhaustion was ridiculous. Her baby was, just literally, ripped out of the womb into a new world, and that thing was as energetic as a puppy. Aspen blamed Sirius.

Wendy, Lily, and James were all in the hospital cafeteria, eating breakfast. Effie was talking to a nurse outside who looked beyond uncomfortable, and Peter was sleeping on a chair next to the hospital bed. Fleamont was working, and Remus was job-searching, he had been since the day after Cassie was born.

He felt guilty not being able to give much money for the flat they bought, so everyday he had been looking for a job. He would mostly get them until the managers would read that he was a werewolf on his resumé. He actually promised that if he didn't get a job in the wizarding world that day, he was going to start looking for muggle jobs. Speaking of flat, they bought it. Actually, James and Lily did—they had their own secret stash of money. That didn't stop the rest of them from giving money, James and Lily just took it to buy house accessories.