Chapter Sixty-Seven

[Wristbands: Chapter Sixty-Seven]

          "Mum? Dad? I'm home!" Marlene shouted as she slammed the door of her childhood home closed. Immediately, she heard the loud monstrous stampede-like footsteps of her two little brothers as they ran to her.

"Marls!" Yelled her little brother Joshua, enclosing her into a hug. He was six years younger than her, and yet he was almost a foot taller. Though, for his twin Dominic, her littlest brother, it wasn't the same as he was a few inches shorter than the girl.

"Joshy!" She cheered happily, hugging him back. She then hugged her shyer brother Dominic who embraced her in turn with a small smile. "Where's the birther and sperm donor?"

"Kitchen," Dominic replied, "you took too long to get here so we started eating without you."

"Oi!" Marlene whined in offense as they walked to the kitchen, walking through the door to enter. "I only took so long because I had a long ride."

"You're a witch, right? Can't you just teleport or something?" Joshua asked, Marlene was the only witch in her family,  excluding her father. However, her brothers didn't understand the fact that witches and wizards held the same power.

Marlene rolled her eyes, "It's called apparating, and I moved two bloody hours away. If I could apparate that far of a distance I'd be living in Hawaii, not downtown London."

"Marlene!" Shrieked Marlene's mother Naomi in delight upon Marlene entering the kitchen. Embracing her daughter before Joshua could retort. The two boys sat down as Marlene was being hugged so hard she almost couldn't breath.

"Mum!" Marlene stated, her voice equally excited. Though, she started coughing and said, "I'm excited to see you too. Please let go, I'm dying here."

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry, sweetie," Naomi apologized with an embarrassed smile. She then gasped as she grabbed Marlene's plate, "oh you must be famished from all of that traveling. Here, let me go make you a plate."

"Oi, maybe I should move away, maybe that'd make mum nicer to me too." Joshua stated, receiving a snort from Dominic and a scolding from his mother.

Marlene then turned to her dad who stood there in a waiting position. "Dad!" Marlene excitedly stated, jumping into her father's arms. He hugged her back.

"It's bloody fantastic to see you, Marls. There's too much testosterone in this house."

"Pleased to be here, daddy-o," Marlene said. "It's nice to see you too." Her father smiled and as she sat down a plate filled with yummy smelling food was placed in front of her. Not a piece of the plate was seen as it was covered in monstrous scoops, not that Marlene was complaining. At least she wasn't left with the leftovers.