Chapter Thirteen

[Chapter Thirteen: Wristbands]

When the name of the werewolf who destroyed his best mate's life came out of Aspen's mouth, Sirius went rigid. He didn't know what to do or say, especially after she told her traumatic story. He was afraid that if she asked him anything, he'd blabber all of Moony's secrets. So when she asked him if he knew who the werewolf was, he answered 'no.' Aspen didn't seem suspicious at all, a little surprised, but not suspicious. So she told the boy who already knew what Fenrir Greyback was, who Fenrir Greyback was.

To say he hadn't learned anything would be a straight up lie. Yes, he did already know a lot seeing that his best mate was turned into a werewolf by the horrible man, but he learned about even more horrible things the monster did. Most actions that the media hadn't covered. As Aspen explained, she didn't find any suspicion in the boy who was nodding along with everything she said. Normally, whenever she ranted or talked about something that she has learned a lot of, her friends would ignore her. Well, Evelyn would ignore her but Wendy would listen, though she wouldn't even try to hide the look on her face which clearly stated she was not interested in anything Aspen was saying.

"So how did everything start with him?" Sirius asked.

Were werewolves always a part of her life? Wait . . . he looked at her ridiculous amount of wristbands—Remus would find anything he could to cover up his scars. Including sweaters on the hottest day of the summer. Was she trying to hide scars?

Was she a werewolf?

"Oh, I see that look on your face," Laughed Aspen, pointing to his funny expression. His eyebrows were raised and his lips were parted in shock, it was quite amusing to anyone who was watching. "No, I am not a werewolf. Though? I do feel bad for any poor sap who was unlucky enough to get turned. Especially at the young age that Greyback targets."

"So do I," Agreed Sirius, remembering what his friend had to go through each month. He was unlucky enough to see it first hand as he became an animagus just to keep his friend company. Actually, all the Marauders did, all besides Remus, of course. Each month they would follow Remus out to the shack and change in their animagus forms. When they're in their animal form, the werewolf cannot tell that they're actually humans and pay them no mind. Nobody knew of them being animagus besides only a few people, the Mauradere and Lily. And Marlene . . . but that information exchange wasn't so willing.

"Yeah," Said Aspen, looking down at her hands. "But we can rant about those monsters later. The reason why I brought up Fenrir Greyback is because he killed my mother."

The newest information changed a lot of perspective on Sirius' behalf. Lily found out about Remus' furry little secret by accident in their sixth year. Peter was highly intoxicated as he rambled about a variety of things. Of course one of those things led to him saying he can't do something on a certain night because he'd be with 'werewolf Remus' on the full moon.