Chapter Sixty-Five

[Wristbands: Chapter Sixty-Five]

Aspen sat miserably on the couch as a party went on around her. Strangers who she doesn't even think were wizards sat on the couch with her, drinking the unknown magical alcohol with glee. People were doing shots, dancing to music, and scaring each other while they were dressed in their scary Halloween costumes. Everyone was either drunk or about to be. All except Aspen, who sat on the couch, alone, wishing she had her daughter with her. Though, she was sleeping over Effie's house that Halloween night, probably happy and laughing while her mother was craving to punch a teen through a wall.

      Somehow, someway, James managed to get a large ping pong table for his Halloween party. At the moment, he was playing shirtless with Lily who happened to also be drunk. That surprised Aspen most, she was hoping Lily were sober and could keep the party minimal. Wendy and Remus were dancing to whatever muggle music was blasting, Wendy was dressed as a nineteen-fifties waitress and Remus was dressed as a werewolf. They were most likely drunk, too. At least Remus was seeing as he was actually dancing.

       Marlene was doing false palm readings, clearly drunk as everything she said was slurred. Though, people didn't notice because they were also drunk. Everyone was bloody drunk! Peter, who was actually there, was talking to some blonde-girl. One that Aspen felt like she recognized. Though, she didn't think on it too long as she took sight of her boyfriend who was singing horribly through his wand that was disguised as a microphone.

       They used a muffling spell and an enlargement spell to make their flat larger and quieter-sounding. No one around them expected anything, the only way anyone could know there was a party was going on was because of all the people entering and leaving. Plus, there were posters plastered all over the city. There could've been murderers in their flat and none of them would know. Aspen was surely going to scold James about that the next day. He didn't even plan much other than the basic party needs. He left all the glass things out, peoples private things, and even left all the rooms unlocked.

       Aspen came home to a couple making out in her and Sirius' bed. After kicking them out, she got rid of all the sheets, she was going to sleep in James and Lily's bed that night. If the party even allowed her to sleep. It was already two hours past midnight, not even Halloween anymore. Aspen would've been partying like everyone else but everything was just too much. James promised her a small get-together of some Hogwarts friends. But instead, it was Hogwarts friends and the whole bloody city of adolescent-London. She couldn't handle that many people, especially drunk. She could barely handle two people at a time.

       Breaking her out of her daze, Sirius walked over to her, tripping over every obstacle in front of him on the way. "Babe! Babe, w-why aren-t you-u having fun?" He slurred, tripling over his own words.