Chapter Thirty-Eight

[Chapter Thirty-Eight: Wristbands]

           It was around mid-January when her bump appeared. It actually scared her when she went to feel her stomach one morning, feeling the bump she immediately assumed a tumor until she remembered she was pregnant. Her morning sickness had also increased, every morning at six she'd wake up and vomit for about forty minutes until she was allowed peace. Of course, she'd then be left exhausted having to go to classes.

Every night she slept with Sirius in his bed, not sexually, of course, never again—at least not for a while. Wendy always slept with Remus which left their dorm completely empty. Aspen felt bad for her Nutcracker but he seemed to be much happier being left alone in the giant room . . . that offended her slightly.

Aspen loved sleeping with Sirius, it made her feel safe. It made her feel happy and not alone anymore—she never knew sleeping with someone could make someone feel like that. It was spectacular and each morning she wished it didn't end, but each morning she was left vomiting.

"Let it out," Sirius mumbled as he held back Aspen's hair. She was vomiting in the toilet, normally he didn't wake up to those things but that morning she jerked awake with the urge to vomit. He woke up as she was at the bathroom door and immediately went to help. After a while, she was finally able to sit back, leaning into Sirius as she was finally allowed a break. Sirius flushed the toilet and Aspen rubbed her stomach.

Aspen whined. "I give this brat hospitality and this is how it repays me? It must take after you."

       "Hey!" Sirius said, offended. "I don't make you vomit, do I?"

        "Only when I look at you," Aspen joke, an exhausted croak in her voice, looking up at him with a smile. Sirius' nose scrunched up as he could help but smile too, she was adorable. Even in the toughest times, she found a way to smile—he admired that about her.

      "Ha ha ha," He said, he then began to stand up. Once on his feet, he pulled Aspen to hersZ "Let's try to get some more sleep, we can afford to miss some Charms clas. I don't think the professor would mind if we're a bit tarty."

     "The professor?" Aspen whispered as they walked back to the bed, "Did you forget her name?"

       "Kind of," Sirius blushed, if one of the boys asked him that he would've laughed, but around Aspen he couldn't help but feel somewhat embarrassed.

     "Don't worry," Aspen yawned as she got under the covers. The sound of snores from the other teens around them, echoing through the room. "I forget her name too."

      "Okay, so as a birthday gift. I want to be the first one to know the gender of the baby." Lily announced as they walked down the halls carrying their books as they went to the last class of the day. Lily's eighteenth birthday was coming up in approximately four days. Lily was excited about Aspen being pregnant, it was like she was the pregnant one herself. Whenever Aspen was around she would ask to see the ultrasound pictures, eventually, Aspen just gave them to her and had new ones developed.