Chapter Forty-Three

[Wristbands: Chapter Forty-Three]

       They all continued to sit in silence, despite knowing they knew that talking was possible without getting into trouble. It was only six in the morning and they were all exhausted, Remus was already asleep, feeling sick due to the upcoming full moon. Wendy rubbed his back, her chin lazily relaxing on his shoulder. Unfortunately, they couldn't talk about any of it as the compulsive liar, Skyler Gray, was with them.

       Out of boredom, Marlene began to make popping noises with her mouth. No one said anything until Lily spoke in frustration, "Can you stop?"

       "I can," Marlene said innocently, she then smirked, "But I won't!" She then popped her mouth, faster and louder into Lily's ear and Lily groaned, dropping her head on the table.

       "You're pretty sexy when you're angry," James said to his girlfriend, she blushed. Everyone moved their seats away from the couple as they all expected them to start making out. But instead, the two looked at everyone in disbelief.

      "You two are the most disgusting people I've ever met." Scoffed Skyler. Aspen raised her eyebrow, looking at the short-haired girl, Lily looked like she was about to scream but James, the newfound peace-maker, placed a hand on her shoulder—indicating she should stay quiet rather than make the situation worse.

       Sirius, however, was rolling his eyes. "Just because you're single doesn't mean you can insult actual loving couples."

      "Who says I want to be in a relationship?" Skyler asked, leaning forward making a few people suck in breaths as they expected her to stand. "I much rather go with the flow, have spontaneous sex if you know what I mean." She turned to Sirius, "Wasn't that your motto before you found Ms. Mysterious over here?"

     Sirius went silent.

      "Hey, calm it goth-girl," Aspen said, coming to her boyfriend defense. "You can talk with us all you want but no insulting people or the things they enjoy . . . or enjoyed, in this matter."

      "Sorry, sorry," The girl snorted, leaning back and placing her feet on the table in front of her. "Just poking a little fun, no need to get angsty."

      "Says the girl wearing all black," Whispered Sirius, and the group giggled causing Skyler to frown as she couldn't hear what Sirius said. But she didn't say anything about it, she played it off as if she heard nothing.

      "So, how has everyone been?" Marlene asked, "We never really had a heartfelt conversation recently. How was summer of '77 for everyone? Good? Bad? Average?"

       "Mine was okay, Petunia was being extra bitchy to me, though," Lily said with a frown. "She's now resorted into acting as if I were invisible. Both she and her new husband Vermi-Vernon, do it."