Chapter Twenty-Eight

[Chapter Twenty-Eight: Wristbands]

"You two are what?!" Aspen asked, her eyes wide. Both Wendy and Aspen were walking down the corridors, it was around lunch time when Wendy had finally arrived— upset that Aspen didn't wake her up. During that small walk two things were revealed, one being the ball which Wendy was pretty anxious about. While the second was that Wendy had a boyfriend, and as expected—it was Remus.

The deed was done the night before as the two had their very first date, which Wendy hid as a study session. It was pouring hard outside (which must've heated down the wintery school) so they decided to go to the kitchens where the house elves had set them up a table and a. four course meal. It was an awkward exchange between the two, Remus was naturally a shy boy. Although Wendy being nervous surprised herself—normally she was great in those types of situations.

By the time the date had finished, they had said a total of eleven words to each other. First, they both said hi to each other . . . two words. Then Remus had told her she was beautiful—three more words. Wendy said thank you, he looked nice too; six more words. During the walk back to the common room, Wendy had thanked him for the date—he apologized profusely for how terrible it apparently was.

During the time of his vulnerability, Wendy had laughed along—telling him it wasn't his fault. As Remus watched the girl laugh, he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was. How her freckles scrunched when she was amused, how her hazel eyes grew brighter than they already were when she was delighted. In the midst of admiring her, he had somehow popped the question; will you be my girlfriend? Obviously, she said yes.

"We're dating," The girl smiled, reminiscing the night before. Aspen let out a small shriek and then clapped her hands over her mouth with wide eyes once she had realized what she did. People around them looked over, Wendy, who never blushed, blushed. And, of course, Aspen who always blushed—blushed. Wendy grabbed Aspens arm and pulled her over to the wall.

"Would you not screech like a banshee, please? Remus doesn't want this getting out much, and honestly—neither do I."

"I can't believe it," Aspen said with wide, proud eyes. "Merlin, if sixth year me heard this news I'd be seething. But woah! I'm so happy for you!" Aspen continued to shriek, embracing Wendy into a hug. Due to their height difference, it was quite difficult for Wendy to pry off the five-foot-nine girl. Aspen didn't falter at being pulled back, her eyes actually grew more excited. "Popping Pygmy Puffs, you two could go to the ball together!"

"The ball?" Wendy croaked, her voice squeaking as they once again continued walking down the corridor to their last class of the day.

"No a triangle," Sarcastically stated Aspen, a smile still evident on her face. "Yes, a ball, the kind where you wear fancy clothing and dance around drinking spiked fruit punch with your friends—as shown in every teenage romance movie there ever was."