Chapter Twenty-One

[Chapter Twenty-One: Wristbands]

Hogwarts had been like a war zone the past week. Kids were either joining armies or turning on each other because of rumors being spread by one girl; Evelyn Reid. Wendy loved Evelyn, loved her a lot. They were basically sisters, but Aspen was also Wendy's sister. So when Evelyn betrayed them both by spreading horrible, reputation-ruining rumors, Wendy left Evelyn's side.

It hurt them both. They were always side by side, but Evelyn chose to do what she did for her own selfish reasons. Evelyn knew that, and so did Wendy. So they split peacefully, Evelyn didn't think about their splitting much, but Wendy sure did. Wendy was devastated, and unlike Aspen, she was unable to hide her emotions—meaning that even the smallest of things set her off. Although, that didn't mean she didn't try. She tried to act calm whenever she was around people.

Everyone tried to talk to her, to get insight on the whole ordeal, but she stayed quiet not wanting to say or do the wrong thing. Of course, no one was helping her either, Aspen and Sirius seemed to be all buddy-buddy leaving Wendy as the third wheel if she were ever around them. Then there was Evelyn, who, well, Wendy was no longer friends with. Surprisingly, she had no other friends—she always thought Evelyn and Aspen were going to be her lifelong friends but it turned out she was wrong, about Evelyn, at least. So she was left alone, and always being watched by the other students who wanted to bombard her with questions.

During her times of being alone, which was every moment of the day, she'd go to the library, her classes, her dorm, or she'd just walk around the halls aimlessly. That was until she ran into a tall figure, knocking her onto the ground along with him. Her small body was thrown onto the concrete floor, hurting her backside as the books she had in her arms flew and hit her in the stomach. It was just an overall mess as the two teenagers scrambled away from their falling boulder-sized textbooks.

Once all the chaos was over, they both let out groans, alerting each other that they weren't alone. Wendy quickly sat up, leaving the book that laid on her chest to fall onto her legs, and looked around. The boy who ran into her did the same, when they both caught sight of each other—they let out small groans and fell back onto the ground.

After allowing a few seconds to regain their breaths, they stood up. Remus, of course, helps the girl, or attempts too . . . Wendy ignored him and stood up. "I'm sorry, I wasn't watching as to where I was going." Apologized Remus, handing Wendy some of her books that she dropped. Wendy politely took them with a nod, accepting his apology.

"It's okay, I wasn't paying attention either," Wendy replied shyly. She normally wasn't shy, she actually was never unintentionally quiet. Her mother told her that right when she was born she was a wad of babbling nonsense.

"I guess we're both at fault." Stated the tall boy with a small smile. Due to his height, he had to look down at the girl—unlike her friend Aspen, Wendy was very short. She was exactly five foot tall, while Remus was well into six feet.