Chapter 10

It's been 2 weeks since Taehyung left, he went back to Korea 3 days ago. I've facetimed with Tae everyday and snapchatted all of them basically 24/7. We all thought the news about the 'mystery girl' would die down after they left but it's only gotten worse. More pictures of us has surfaced, luckley my face is covered in all of them. It was the number one trending topic on Twitter and it is even on Korean news. There was a hunt for the mystery girl and I was beginning to get nervous.

If they found out who I was my life would change forever. I'd have to have bodyguards around me at all times and my school would probably hate me. Or I would have to move to Korea and stay with them and finish high school online, which is personally a better option but I'd rather wait before moving to another continent.

A few days ago Taehyung told me that BigHit would be setting up a press release where he would announce that the mystery girl was his girlfriend. Of course they weren't going to announce my name. I heard that it was going to be broadcasted live all over Korean TV along with V-live today.

My phone rang and I immediately answered.

"I'm not gonna lie I'm nervous." I confessed to Taehyung.

"Me too. You are going to watch right?"

"Of course, are you there right now?"

"Yeah, they are setting up." I could hear someone speaking to Tae in the background. "It's time. Wish me luck!"

"Good luck." The call ended. I clicked on the app and the interview immediately came up. Taehyung crossed the stage over to the podium. I read the english subtitles as he spoke.

"So, V, we're under the impression that BigHit called this interview so you could announce something to your fans." One of the reporters stated.

"Yes. As you know we recently got back from our US tour. During that tour we were seen around California with a girl. I'm here to announce that the rumors are true, she is my girlfriend." The room filled with whispers and the comment section of the video went crazy.

"What's her name!"

"How did you meet?"

"When will you release pictures?" They threw out questions all at once.

"Due to the fact she is a non-idol we have decided to keep her identity a secret while she finishes her education. All I can tell you is she is a beautiful, funny, smart, and overall an amazing girl that has become a huge part of the BTS family. When we do decided to reveal her.. I hope you all love her as much as we do. Thank you." He waved to the audience and left the stage. You could still hear the reporters going nuts and new comments popped up every second.

'This can't be real.'

'I swear I'll kill her.'

'Who is this whore!'

'I hope she kills herself.'

I couldn't find even one supportive message. Their words seemed to fly out of the screen and surround me. I couldn't breath. I threw the phone on my bed and ran to the bathroom. There was no stopping the tears this time. How could they hate me so much when they don't know me. The worst part is I can't even defend myself. My mind began twisting their words, suffocating me even more.

I tried to wipe the tears as they came but it was no use. The tears stained my cheeks. I fell to the floor and hugged my legs. I could hear my phone ringing in the other room. Quickly I got off the floor and ran to my room. I controlled my breathing so he didn't worry.

"Hey." I answered.

"Do not listen to any of the comments okay? Do not even read them." Even though he was clearly upset hearing his voice helped me calm down.

"I won't. I didn't even see the comments, I clicked off when you finished."

"Good. I have to go. I will call you later." I could tell he was smiling.

"Talk to you later."

Tomorrow at school should be fun.

...

I cautiously walked down the halls. Everyone was pissed. There was screaming and even some crying. I heard whispers of shooting, and stabbing, and even putting a hex on the 'mystery girl'. Guilt slowly began to build up in my stomach. The doors to the gym swung open and in walked Allie followed by the entire football team. Her eyes were bloodshot and she let out a low growl before storming into the center of the commons area.

"If I find out that any of you little shits are Taehyung Kim's girlfriends I'll kill you." Everyone stopped and watched her. "Search them." The football players began rummaging through girl's bags and stealing their phones to look through. My heart rate sped up as I saw them getting closer to me. Panicked, I ran to the nearest bathroom. My breathing was uneven and my body shook so much that It was hard to open the stall door.

I wanted to cry but nothing came out. Terror took over my entire body and I collapsed on the toilet. I struggled to unlock my phone. My instinct was to call Tae and tell him about everything, but I knew that'd only make him nervous. The only other person I could think of to talk about this to was Suga. I clicked on his contact and held the phone up to my ear.

"Please pick up.." I whispered.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hearing his voice caused the terror to turn into tears.

"Everyone w-wants to kill me." I said through my tears.

"Woah woah, calm down. You mean the comments? They don't mean it."

"But the people at my school do. They're searching bags. You should hear the kind of things they say they'll do if they find her."

"(y/n)-"

"I don't know what to do!" I cut him off. "Just fly me to Seoul, I'll be safe with you guys." My words broke off into inaudible cries.

"Your fall break is soon. I'll ask if you could fly out for a few days."

"That's in 2 weeks, who knows what will happen till then."

"I promise you'll be safe." His voice was low and raspy. Sometimes I forget about the time change. It was around 1 am there. "Now don't be late for class." I let out a little laugh.

"I won't. Thank you."

"Of course." I slid my phone into my back pocket and collected my bag. Other than my eyes being a little red it was hard to tell I had been crying. When I exited the bathroom the hallway had been cleared and the normal flow of students had continued again.

My mind wandered off during the teachers lecture. What's gonna happen after I graduate? Will I go to college or will I move to Korea? I could go to college there but I would have only been studying Korean for a couple months so I wouldn't understand much. I never really decided what I wanted to do in life. If I move to Korea and reveal my identity I won't have many options. Body guards will have to be with me at all times and I'll probably travel with the band.

To pass the time I started sounding out english words in hangul, I received a few weird looks from my peers but I brushed it off. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

'You're coming for fall break!' Tae texted. A smile spread across my face, I will get to see him soon. I just have to hold out for 2 weeks and then I will get to be with him.

Him.

A/N: I've been reading a lot of theories on the connection of their music videos and honestly I'm in TEARS. -M