Chapter 38

Prom week. It's a time when girls rush for last minute dress fittings while their dates struggle to get a reservation at a half decent restaurant. I, on the other hand, will spend it alone. Well.. Not alone, I will be spending it with my only 2 friends.

I can't be mad about it. It's not Taehyung's fault he's not here. With the comeback coming soon they have rehearsals every day and a bunch of press meetings. I'm just glad he has enough time to call me.

I'm lucky to have Misha and Mason. Even though I have refused to them them what had happened to me they have convinced me to start eating properly again. Now I didn't look like a total skeleton. I'd be lost without them.

Suga still has not talked to me and according to Jimin he is very secluded. At this point I'm not even mad at him, I just miss talking to him. Of course the whole kiss thing complicates things a lot but that doesn't mean he should never talk to me again. Right?

"We should do something tonight." Mason plopped a grape in his mouth. "I get prom is tomorrow but we haven't hung out in forever." He pouted.

"I'm free." A smile grew on my face.

"Do you want to go now?" Misha suggested. "I mean we only have 1 more class, we won't be missing that much." Mason and I agreed and we all began to clean up the table we were eating at.

After arguing over where to go we finally decided on the large outdoor strip mall a few miles from school. The sidewalks were full of teenagers and young adults getting in some shopping before the weekend.

Misha dragged us into every store that caught her eye. We would browse for a few minutes before she got bored and pulled us to another one. I checked the map to see all the store in the mall.

"Oh! Can we go to the Gucci store?" My eyes lit up.

"(y/n) we can't afford that." Mason laughed.

"I just want to see if there is anything Taehyung would like." I grabbed their hands and pulled them into the direction of the store.

From the outside of the store you could see the neatly hung racks of clothes and lines of shoes. The inside had the familiar smell of expensive fragrance and leather. My eyes scanned for anything that popped out and my body seemed to follow wherever I was looking.

Misha and Mason stayed behind me with their arms crossed trying not to touch anything. I could hear the lady talking to one of the security guards at the check out desk. Finally finding something he would like I pushed through the rack until I found his size.

The shirt was button up with panther faces all over it, it's definitely not something he'd pick for himself but I think he'll look adorable.

While checking out loud yells could be heard from outside.

"What's going on?" I asked my friends who were standing by the large glass window.

"I'm not sure people are crowding around over there."

We started to make our way over to the large crowd that had formed. Still unsure of the reason behind it I used my small body to push through everyone. I couldn't help myself but laugh when I caught a glimpse of what they were surrounding.

In the center of the large pool of people was a very confused and scared Kim Taehyung. He seemed to be trying to talk his way out of the situation but no one was listening. His panicked eyes landed on mine and he started to laugh with me.

"What are you doing here?" I finally made my way to him. Once the crowd spotted me they started yelling more.

"I wanted to surprise you for prom but it was a bit harder than I thought to sneak around." He chuckled, exposing his box smile. He placed his hand on my lower back causing me to uncontrollably flinch away from his touch, I tried my best to settle back into him arms but he definitely noticed. "We should probably get out of here."

...

3 Police cars, 12 officers, and 1 hour later we had finally managed to escape the crowd. The car ride was definitely awkward. Mason and Misha didn't know what to say to him since they never thought they'd be meeting him and his english still isn't the best. Mason and Misha quietly talked in the back while Taehyung quietly sang to the radio. It's strange to have them all in one place. The mood quietly lightened once I dropped them both off at home.

"How did you even convince the company to let you come?"

"It was more of a 'leave a note on Bang Pd's desk and then got on a plane' situation." He took my hand in his while we walked into my empty house.

"You should have brought bodyguards you dumb." I playfully hit him. "How is everyone? I miss them so much."

"They miss you too. And they're good, Yoongi is still acting weird."

My smile started to fade at the mention of his name. The memory of the airport played in my head and I quickly tried to change the subject.

"I'm glad you came. I've never gone to prom with a date before so I'm glad you're my first." I made my way into the kitchen to pour us some drinks. He was scanning the family photos that were on display.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

We spent the rest of the afternoon catching up. He told me about how busy they were perfecting their new album and that he is excited for me to hear it. At some point he even got up to show me some of the new dance moves they had learned since they were apparently a lot harder than usual.

We were laying down on my bed, flat on our backs. His arms were up in the air as he dramatically spoke about what the concerts will be like."It's like an ocean of light" he said. I couldn't wait to see it for myself. I've been to many of their smaller concerts but none as big as the ones they do on their tours.

Finally he got up and announced he would be making dinner tonight, meaning he would heat up the instant ramen. I watched as he pretended he was a top chef. Spices flew everywhere and the water almost boiled over but it was 'purly for entertainment purposes'.. or so he say.

For a while I forgot about all my problems. About Alex and Yoongi. It's nice to relax again.

A/N: Can I just saw I am so thankful to have readers like y'all. I love reading your comments so much, they literally make my day. Thank you for supporting this story of mine and I hope it will continue to meet expectations till the end. <3 -M