Chapter 68

TAEHYUNG POV

It's nothing like the movies. With movies the water breaks and the screaming and pain and the pushing seem to come instantly, but in reality it's a lot of waiting at first. Hours of waiting. The doctors keep telling us that everything is fine and that it could take a while before the contractions start but I can't help feel something is off.

(Y/n) hasn't really spoken since we arrived, except to tell the nurses how she's feeling- which is almost always 'fine'. She's nervous, and I can't really blame her. We're young, nothing is going according to plan, and we both feel completely unprepared. I just wish I could help her.

"Mind if we come in?" Namjoon slightly opened the door, followed by Hoseok and Yoongi.

"Of course, come in." (Y/n) finally spoke.

"We brought some things from your hotel room for you two." Hobi placed the bag gently on the end of the bed.

"Yeah, uhm- we brought your travel blanket and a change of clothes for after." Yoongi brought the blanket out and spread it over her. She weakly smiled back. As they continued to reveal the goods they brought back from our room I watched as (y/n)'s face changed. She slowly moved her hands to clutch her stomach.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked.

"I think I've started contractions. It hurts." She weakly reached over to press the nurse button.

Shortly after the nurses entered the room with the typical 'everything is okay' smile and began questioning her, checking vitals, and explaining what will happen next.

I held onto her hand, trying to give her some type of reassurance that everything will be okay but it didn't seem to work.

"Now that early labor has begun please feel free to use any of the amenities in the room or the hospital to make you feel more comfortable, we'll be back to check on you soon but if anything changes please let us know." The nurses gathered up and left quietly.

"Well I guess we'll leave you two to yourselves. If you need us just call- we will be with Jungkook." Namjoon smiled as the three of them started heading towards the door.

"Thank you again guys." She smiled at them.

"Anything for you." Yoongi patted her head softly before leaving.

Once everyone had left, the room was silent until the sounds of light sobs broke through. Tears began streaming down (y/n)'s face and her grasp on my hand tightened.

"I'm so scared Taehyung." She shook uncontrollably.

"I know baby," Tears started to form in my eyes as well. "I know you're scared." I climbed into the bed next to her. She curled into my chest, gripping onto my shirt for dear life. She seemed so small, so helpless. "You are the strongest girl I have ever met. And no matter what I will be here to help in any way I can. You're not alone love." I held her close. "I love you so much, you know that right?"

"I love you too." She choked out through the tears.

"I know what will make you feel better-" She looked up at me with red puffy eyes, "a bath."

"A bath?"

"A bath."

Carefully I detached myself from her side and walked over to the bathroom to fill the tub with warm water. She slowly sat up and swung her legs to dangle over the side of the bed, she stood and waddled her way over to the bathroom. I motioned for her to sit on the toilet and she easily complied.

"Let's get that hair out of your face." Gently I gathered all of her hair and tied it into a bun on the top of her head.

"Are you gonna get in with me?" She asked.