Chapter 44

We held hands while we walked through the rows of flowers. Today's activity was visiting a nearby garden. We waited till the afternoon to go since the heat was almost unbearable in the day time and it wouldn't be as crowded. The sky was littered with different shapes of oranges and reds. The sun sets here really were beautiful.

"We should head home. It will be dark soon." He whispered in my ear.

We walked through the streets back to the house. People giving us no attention as we passed. It was almost like we were a normal couple but I knew it wasn't going to last.

We had spent the last week at his parents house. It was the first time I got to meet his siblings and it was nice to spend time with his parents.

Daegu was beautiful, there were brightly colored flowers that lined the streets and the smell of food filled your nose every time you turned a corner. The first few days he spent giving me a tour of his home town and we even met up with some of his childhood friends.

I got along well with his sister. She was very close to my age so we had a lot more to talk about then I did with Taehyung's friends girlfriends. I didn't get to see much of his brother since he had already moved out but the few meals I had with him was nice. This was also the first time I got to meet Yeontan. Since Tae is so busy and I was away he didn't have time for the small puppy so his parents took him in. He seemed happy there.

We received very few messages from back home. The first few days were filled with non stop texts and calls asking if we were alright but once they realized we weren't going to answer they stopped. Namjoon was the one to keep us updated on the situation. Yoongi has been banned from drinking. They also called the police back home, Alex and the others had been arrested for sexual assault, they turned in the photos I took of the bruises he left as evidence. Things seemed to be looking up.

We took a seat on the living room couch, in front of us his sister sat on the floor in front of the TV drawing something in a sketchbook.

"You know we have to go back soon." I said quietly to not disturb the drawing girl.

"I know." He spoke in a similar tone. "I'm just not sure we should go back to the dorm."

"What? You mean move out?" My head was still resting on his chest so it was hard to look up at him.

"Don't you think it would be easier for Yoongi if we didn't live with him?" I didn't respond. "The building has some other, smaller, units available. We could still eat with them and ride with them but it could just be us at the end of the day."

"That would be nice." I smiled.

"Of course, we'll have to get engaged first."

"Yeah... Wait what?" I sat up for the first time in the conversation.

"I was planning on doing this at dinner tomorrow night but I don't want to wait anymore." He took my hand in his as he positioned himself in front of me. His face was completely healed besides the remnants of the bruise under his eye. "(Y/n). You are the first person I want to see when I wake up, and the one I want to kiss goodnight. When I see you I can't imagine not being able to hold you in my arms. We were meant to love each other. I-I don't have a ring, we're in our pajamas and currently living at my parents house.. But I want you to marry me. I want it more than I can say. So, (Y/n)(m/n)(l/n), will you do me the biggest honor and marry me?" His voice was shaky and both our eyes were watering.

"Yes." I wrapped my arms around him.

...

The next morning he took me to pick up the ring he ordered a few days ago. We still haven't told anyone and I was fine with it. We were living in a happy little bubble separated from everyone around us. Yet soon we had to face the music.

Bang PD had been calling us letting us know we had to come back. With the comeback soon it was crucial for them all to be in rehearsal everyday till their performance. He allowed the small vacation when he heard about the incidents but now he was urging us to come back.

The ring sparkled as he slid it onto my finger for the first time. The main diamond was slightly rectangular with smaller diamonds outlining it. The ring itself wasn't solid. The silver intertwined around even smaller diamonds all the way around. The inside was engraved with '내 사랑', the same thing he wrote on the back of my sweater the night we were all stuck in the rehearsal space in California. I didn't know what it meant back then but now I knew it translates to 'My love'.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. The excitement of the engagement made me focus on only Taehyung and nothing else. I remember his parents reaction when we told them; his mother cried while his father brought us into a big hug. His little sister jumped out of her chair and his brother cheered loudly. It was a nice distraction.

Now we waited in the Seoul airport. A car would be coming to pick us up any second now. The boys were all at practice today so we would be able to settle back into the dorm without them there. I loved my time with Taehyung but I missed the others a lot, even Yoongi.

When the driver arrived he motioned us to get in the car while he placed our bags in the back.

I was nervous about how Tae would act when we say the others. He didn't talk about the situation with Yoongi while we were away. We spent our first day away talking about Alex and if I really was okay, which for the most part I was.

My hand linked with his, I could feel the tension coming off of him. My action immediately caught his attention.

"Everything will be okay." I gave him a smiled. I knew I had to be strong for him.

Seoul seemed to be drained from all color and life. I hate how this situation had made me see the place I call home.

Almost as quick as the ride started it ended. Next thing I knew we were standing in front of the dorm door. The hallway around us was dead quiet.

"Let's go." I said as I stuck my key into the lock. The familiar sound of the door unlocking chimed in my ears and the door swung open easy. I was the first to walk in. A note was left on the table.

"Dear Tae and (y/n), we're glad you're back but were sorry we couldn't be there to welcome you home. We unpacked all of (y/n) things while you two were away. Can't wait to see you tonight! We're bringing home spicy rice cakes! From Jungkook."

I didn't notice at first but my stuff had been integrated into all of theirs. My action figures were placed in the glass cases next to theirs and my framed photos were places around the room. I couldn't help but smile at the site.

"Come on let's go unpack." He walked off towards our room. I looked around the living room for a few more seconds before joining him.

A/N: Sorry if that proposal was underwhelming. I personally think casual spontaneous proposals are so cute so that's what I wrote it like that. This book has been gaining a lot of readers recently so hello to all the new comers and thank you for commenting and voting! It means a lot! -M