Chapter 66

"Are you sure you'll be okay going to the ultrasound appointment without me?" Taehyung asked for the 20th time today. He hasn't missed a single appointment but now that we're traveling and touring he's completely booked.

"I'll be fine, my parents are meeting me there." He smiled down at me.

"Okay, good." Quickly he leaned down and kissed the tip of my nose. "Love you."

"Love you too you goof." I jumped into the car that had been idling next to me. Kang smiled at me from his place in the driver's seat.

Taking off through the streets of California memories from every walk of my life flooded back to me. Quickly passing my elementary school, the movie theatre I had my first date at, and the aquarium Tae took me to the first time we hung out. So much happened here I should be sad I don't live here anymore, but I can't help but feel like I no longer belong. Any where the boys aren't just doesn't feel right.

Pulling up in front of the hospital it was extremely apparent how busy they were today.

"You head on in, it's gonna take me a second to find a parking spot."

"Okay!" I jumped out of the car and made my way inside.

Hospitals used to scare me, same with doctors. Now that I have to go to one at least twice a month I've gotten used to the strong sanitizer scent and cold gels. Since I usually have Taehyung with me we always went to a private doctor but without him around it's surprisingly easy to blend in with the other pregnant ladies. Not to mention the place giant so it wasn't hard to get lost in the crowd.

"Hello." I approached the help desk. "I was wondering where I should go for my prenatal appointment."

"Top floor, 4th door to the right. Elevators are right over there." She pointed to the further part of the large lobby. I thanked her before shuffling my way over to the single elevator door.

The 2 large metal panels opened to an almost full elevator.

"I think we can squeeze ya' in." An older man spoke happily. Excepting the casual invitation I joined the small crowd of people. As we began our ascent I pulled out my phone to let Kang know where I was heading. I could feel the elevator stop and feel the space empty around me, I think I'm alone. The doors closing right as I pressed send and the enlarged metal box continues to move up, the sounds of metal screeching caught my attention forcing me to look up and meet eyes with the only other person in the elevator with me. Alex.

The screeching became louder and we were no longer moving, my heart sank in my chest.

"(Y/n).."

"No! Don't say my name." Pressing as many buttons as possible on the control panel I quickly became frustrated that nothing seemed to make us move again.

"That's not going to do anything just cut it out." He strutted over to the panel and lightly moved me out of the way, the touch of his skin on my sent my skin crawling. Without hesitation he punched his thumb into the button labeled 'help' and a small dial tone could be heard from the speaker.

"Hello?" A voice came from the wall speaker. "How many of you are in there?"

"Just 2 of us." He glance over at me. "Can you tell us what happened?"

"We think something got caught in the lifts wires. We called someone but we don't know when they'll be here."

Finally able to find my voice I stepped forward. "Can't you guys just pry open the doors?"

"It's stuck between two floors, there's no way to break you guys out. No need to freak out, you are both safe in there and we'll get you out as soon as we can." And the conversation ended.

Immediately sinking to the furthest point from him I took out my phone once again.

New messages (3):

Hobiii: What do you want for dinner?

Kang-aroo: Just heard about the elevator. Are you alright?

Kookie: Namjoon-hyung just tore his seatbelt. HIS SEATBELT.

I replied to Kang to let him know everything was fine... kind of. I could tell Alex wanted to speak but my phone holding my attention has stopped him. Or that's what I thought.

"Can we at least talk?" I remained silent. "We're gonna be stuck in here for god knows how long and we might as well speak."

"Here's the thing... I don't want to talk to you." I shrugged him off.

"Listen I've been meaning to reach out to you. I want to apologize for what I-" My phone cut him off, thank god.

"(Y/n)!" Taehyung spoke from the other side of the line. "Kang texted me. Is everything okay? Are you safe?"

"Physically I'm fine.."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I- I'll explain it to you later. Don't hurt yourself while rehearsing."

"I won't. Love you."

"Love you too."

The air went still once again. He had now taken a seat on the opposite side of me, which even though it's the further spot from me doesn't make it feel any better.

"You seem happy." He broke the silence once again. His attempt at making his voice sweet and calm failed completely.

"What are you even doing here?" He looked confused. "We're right below the top floor, which is the prenatal unit." He took a second to contemplate speaking.

"I got a girl pregnant." I've never felt so sorry for anyone in my life, that poor girl.

"Wow her life must really suck." I spoke bluntly which made him laugh. Even his laugh is haunting.

Suddenly we began to rise once again and the doors opened to reveal a small clump of nurses ready to check up on us to make sure we're okay. I was ushered away from the boy and directed towards my examination room.

On instinct I looked back towards the elevator. Alex walked in the opposite direction from me and swung his arm around (F/n) as they sat in the waiting room together.

A/N: WE PASSED 100K WHAT THE HECK. Thank you guys so so much, all the comments and the votes really mean a lot to me. I'm glad so many people are finding joy in my writing. Love you all lots <3

In other news I'm sorry to say that this story will run to chapter 70. Only a few more chapters left which I will put my heart and soul into to make it the best it can be for you guys. Keep suggesting baby names! I rather get one from one of you than the internet.

XOXO -M