1.3

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER THREE
May 15, 2017

"What the hell are you doing here, Blossom?" Queenie questioned as she walked down the bar's steps to stand beside to Jason

"I wanted to apologize for what my friends did. They can be assholes sometimes." Jason told her calmly and Queenie laughed on response.

"Sometimes?" She scoffed, "If they're such assholes, why are you friends with them, hun?" Queenie asked the ginger haired boy curiously as she crossed her arms.

"I have to keep up this 'act' for my parents," Jason explained as he put his hands in his jacket pocket,  "They want me to keep this certain profile—"

   "Look, I would love to hear your sob story, but I have to get to Southside High before school ends for the day. You're welcome to accompany me." She interrupted him and Jason nodded.

  "Why don't we take my car? It's much easier." Jason told her and Queenie couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Very funny, Blossom." She told him, still laughing and Jason stared at her in confusion, "If a Serpent, or even a Ghoulie saw me in that thing, I would be criticized for the rest of my damn life. So if you'd like to come, you're gonna have to walk with me."

   Jason nodded in response before he began walking with her down the streets of the Southside part of Riverdale, "I could have taken my bike, but I think it would have been pretty awkward with you in the back of me." Queenie remarked and Jason quietly laughed at her, "I've never heard you laugh before."

  "Well, there hasn't been much to laugh about with you because all you do is insult me," Jason shrugged as he walked down the streets of Riverdale beside the Jones girl, "Not that I'm not okay with that."

  "I'm curious, Blossom. Is anyone else tagging along with you on your little runaway plan?" Queenie asked and Jason rolled his eyes at what she called him.

"Are you ever going to call me by my real name?" He questioned and Queenie sent him a wide grin.

"Nope, never," She shook her head, "Are you going answer my question though?"

Jason sighed before replying, "No, it's just me going. I'm heading upstate to stay at some farm. They said I could bring others, but I've decided not to. I would take my sister, but that's too risky. My parents would notice that something wasn't right if both of us were missing."

"Ah," Queenie looked up and smiled when she saw that they had arrived at Southside High, "Here it is: Southside High, my new school."