3.24

THE SECOND TIME AROUND
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

THE SECOND TIME AROUND CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

   Queenie sighed, placing the phone back in her pocket before she headed back into the kitchen. FP and Jughead gave the girl a confused look when she picked up her jacket and made her way to the door.

  "Where the hell are you going?" FP asked confused, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

  Queenie pulled her hand away from reaching the door and faced the two males. She was quiet for a long moment, trying to think of the best excuse to tell them, "I forgot I offered to work an extra shift tonight," She lied to them and Jughead frowned at her, seeming to be the only one to not believe her, "Sorry, raincheck on family dinner?" She asked them and both FP and Jughead nodded their heads.

  "Sure thing, Queenie," FP replied before Queenie exited the trailer and made way over to Pop's diner on the Northside of town.

______

  Queenie entered Pop's, taking a deep breath before her eyes scanned around the diner, in search of Snake Charmer. Soon enough, her eyes locked on the target. The blonde Serpents was sitting at a booth, alone, drinking a cup of coffee. She was clearly getting while waiting for Queenie.

    Queenie began to walk over to Penny and stopped when she stood right in front of Penny's booth. Penny had a sly smile on her face as she stared up at the brunette girl, "Good. Right on time, Queenie," She spoke up before gesturing toward the seat across from her, "Please, take a seat. We have business to discuss."

   Queenie, for some odd reason, glanced around the diner filled with customers. It was almost as if she were hoping that she could find someone that she knew and make it a reason why had to leave. She sighed when she didn't find anyone and took a seat across from Snake Charmer.

    "What business do we have to talk about?" Queenie questioned, raising a brow at the older female Serpent.

    "Hmm," Penny hummed in response as she took a large sip of her black coffee before she placed it back down. She stared directly at Queenie, giving her a serious looking face, "I called you here about the deliveries. I know you're taking your hot hunk of leather boyfriend with you on your trips to Greendale." Penny stated and Queenie just rolled her eyes.

   She let out as she crossed her arms, "And what's wrong with that? Last time I checked there wasn't any rule that I couldn't have a plus one on my deliveries." Queenie argued and Penny just nodded her head.

  The blonde leaned forward in her seat as she began to whisper something to Queenie, "Listen to me, Queenie. I can't have everyone in the Serpents knowing about these deliveries, so mind telling your little boyfriend, Sweet Pea, that he can't tell a soul about them?"Penny suggested and Queenie nodded her head in response.

   "Listen, Penny," Queenie began to tell Penny, "My dad's back, meaning there's a risk he could find out about this whole thing. I think...maybe I should stop." Queenie told her and Penny scoffed, shaking her head.